pete0690
Yeltz Forum Member

Poole Town -v- HTFC highlights

Post by pete0690 » 26 Mar 2012, 21:02

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Poole Town -v- HTFC highlights

Post by CRH Yeltz » 26 Mar 2012, 21:58

Good bit of coverage from them. However...

Huckfield was unlucky to get a straight red, ok the arms were up but it was no more than a yellow.

The penalty, an appalling decision. Enough said!

Both incidents, opposition players who milked the situation for all it was worth.

My final point, if they had been the opposite way round, would the officials have given them?

On the basis of these highlights, I'm not suprised that Shaun went ape!

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 26 Mar 2012, 22:36

it looked like it was rehearsed, like one of those set up `youve been framed` videos.. you can imagine the half time talk between poole & ref..`we`re crap at finishing ref, we need some help`, `ok then you run along side a defender in the box, fall over and i`ll award a penalty, by the way id like to come to poole for my holls. it`ll be cheap won`t it;).. of course this is not what really happened, there was no suggestion of any bias from the referee, as me dad always said ..you can`t put down to malice what you can put down to stupidity

thirdeye301
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by thirdeye301 » 27 Mar 2012, 11:14

i've always said " if your good enough, you should play around a decision made by officials"
but the when a players momentum to raise himself above an opponent to head a ball result in a sending off, what hope do we have in the modern game,
As for the penalty from the view of the camera, that's clearly a foul to Halesowen,

My thoughts , SHOCKING REF

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 27 Mar 2012, 12:53

For me the sending off was a little harsh, however, whether there is indent in the action or not, if your elbows are raised and you catch a player, you are likely to be sent off.

I dont believe for one second the arms were raised to cause injury, i believe it was to get leverage over the opponent, however, he was caught and therefore the referee has to act. I think a caution would have been sufficient.

From the angle on the camera, the penalty looks like a 50-50 ball. However, again if you catch a players leg in the penalty box (with or without intent) you will give away a penalty