What ACTUALLY went wrong?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

What ACTUALLY went wrong?

Post by andy » 02 Mar 2024, 22:11

We've entered a new era so this may feel a little negative, but I'm still at a loss. We've started seasons like an express train, then lumbered along like an old diesel. Without resorting to 'we got found out', which is bullshit, what do folks now feel happened, and how can Russ stop the same things happening again?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: What ACTUALLY went wrong?

Post by Yeltzbaby » 03 Mar 2024, 13:00

Andy, its a simple one for me. Fans are to inpatient, expect to much and are far to quick to call time on the manager. Not just in this case but in a lot of cases at many clubs. 10th in new league and manager is more or less put under pressure/hounded out by fans.....yes we started season very well, yes we had a sticky patch (maybe first one in 5 years) and managers gone. I have stated on here before - lets hope we dont live to regret it.

As for Russ, he will do what any new manager does - but his stamp on things, hopefully get a reaction and if not (and even if he does) make wholesale changes, especially in the summer. Are we underperforming against budget??? I am yet to ever see a budget league produced, its all hear say, rumour and bullsh!t 99% of the time. I think some chairman at this level would struggle to tell you there club 'real' budget LOL - not ours may I add but 'some'.

Smudger left to early nothing went wrong in terms of league position as far as I am concerned. Hope Russ does better and if he doesn't I give him max 6 months based on fans current unrealistic expectation levels and general attitude towards instant and forever continuing success. At some point any club has a pause in continous progression we are no different and it lasted 12 odd games before the plug was pulled

Ngarner1983
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Ngarner1983 » 03 Mar 2024, 13:16

Let’s just remember Smith left , he wasn’t sacked !!!!

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 03 Mar 2024, 15:14

Hmmmmmmm

Ngarner1983
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Ngarner1983 » 03 Mar 2024, 15:24

Tell me I’m wrong then ???

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 03 Mar 2024, 16:28

Yes if you listen to Keith's interview he states Paul approached him suggesting a fresh injection was needed.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Mar 2024, 16:35

YeltzBaby, you haven't really answered my question. Merely pointing out your views on our 'unrealistic' expectations does not put an end to every topic on here. Whether you like it or not we were a damn good side at the start of the season, now we are not. It's as plain as the nose on your face. This is not the first season it has happened either. Something goes wrong. I was putting it out there to see what people's opinions were on why it happens. You just take everything as a criticism of Paul for some strange reason. I have to wonder why.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 03 Mar 2024, 17:09

It has always seemed that we have players that like to run with the ball, and are very good on early season pitches when the ball can be zipped around and then as soon as the pitches get heavier we haven't seemed able to adapt. This season even our pitch has suffered with the extreme wet weather which has perhaps exacerbated the situation. Only 5 wins since beating Sudbury on 14 October

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 03 Mar 2024, 17:24

Yeltzbaby just comes on here and posts defensive drivel. Either he cannot face up to reality or his knowledge of football is zilch , which is my opinion after reading all his posts.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 03 Mar 2024, 17:38

I have had posts taken down on here for bring less 'personal'
I have just posted my opinion not critised a fellow fan.

My opinion is nothing went wrong. Sorry if that's not an opinion shared by the masses but it's mine and I don't expect a direct response i.e posts drivel. I haven't said that about anybody else posts.

Andy you asked a question I posted a reply. If you don't like the reply then don't ask or ask a question and give me a sentence or narrative to post my answer which I can stick to and doesn't offend anyone. Cheers

No offence meant and no need for such suspicion. I personally think this forum stuggles with the concept that some may have a different opinion to the vast majority. I don't mean to post drivel or arouse any suspicion, I just like to put my view to what I thought was an open question
Last edited by Yeltzbaby on 03 Mar 2024, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.