Take Miracle off pens!

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
TIM9WRH
Yeltz Forum Member

Take Miracle off pens!

Post by TIM9WRH » 09 Jan 2024, 06:35

The title says it all! The last 2 have been pathetic, cost us a point against Hitchin 2-1 at the time in the 93rd minute and he was delicate with the pen, and this weekend!! Just smash it! Surely Wynter would just put his foot through them.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Take Miracle off pens!

Post by lutleyyeltz » 09 Jan 2024, 10:50

Just a pity that Gregs had gone off!
Agree with "smash it!" Fancy Dan penalties really p*ss me off.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 09 Jan 2024, 23:12

TIM9WRH wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 06:35
The title says it all! The last 2 have been pathetic, cost us a point against Hitchin 2-1 at the time in the 93rd minute and he was delicate with the pen, and this weekend!! Just smash it! Surely Wynter would just put his foot through them.
Miracles goals have also helped us in making a great start to the season, he's certainly a marked man and is perhaps lacking a little confidence at the moment. It happens to all players. The fact he missed the last one and stood up to take the penalty against Stour to me shows the right kind of attitude for a No9. Stick with him, he almost certainly needs our support at the moment. The kid works his balls off for us, and his lack of goals certainly isn't down to effort or work rate. His excellent start has raise his profile but he's right up there with the leagues top goal scorers and i'd much rather have him in our team than against us.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 10 Jan 2024, 08:27

I think he needs managing carefully. Full games, goal less will sap his confidence, part games may help. I do think though, penalties need to be taken off him. If his confidence is shot, its a burden he doesnt need.

Wholly against getting on his back though. He gives his all in every game.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Jan 2024, 13:44

I don't think that any true fan is "getting on his back."
Whilst I agree with Rob that it showed real spirit to step up to take that spot kick on Saturday, the fact that he missed it has only added to his personal stress level.
Maybe just let him play without the expectation that he has to score. His pace will always cause defenders problems.
A goal WILL come eventually, and that will immediately raise his confidence level.
Just not from the penalty spot, though!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 10 Jan 2024, 13:58

If he's going to play, I honestly beleive he needs a partner and someone to share the load. Of course he'll score, maybe not as prolifically, but he won't not score ever again. I suppose the question is how long he is given.

TIM9WRH
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TIM9WRH » 10 Jan 2024, 23:29

His effort and all round game and willingness to work can never be questioned. He had an amazing start to the season. Stourbr*dge away was a personal highlight but it’s clear in recent weeks his confidence is shot. You can’t fault him for having the minerals to take the pens but I think it’s just now having a further negative effect on him. He’ll probably bag a hat trick against needham now!