There's always one

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

There's always one

Post by andy » 10 Oct 2023, 18:46

For a club with a fan base as large as ours to never have trouble with other fans is a massive credit to us. Then to read this statement makes me wonder why the knobheads that live under a stone find us attractive to come to. I was at both games and saw nothing thrown to be fair, but it's obviously happened. We may all just say its only minor, but once the fines, bans and being thrown out of competitions start, we all think differently. We have never been that 'sort' of club, so if you're reading this fuck off somewhere else or go to Merry Hill on a Saturday afternoon.
https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/club
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Tranter78
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: There's always one

Post by Tranter78 » 10 Oct 2023, 19:22

At the Enfield game there was a fair few plastic beer cups threw at the visiting players from the shed end. Which made me think this plums are above the drinking age

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 10 Oct 2023, 19:24

Should make the Halesowen news tomorrow

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 10 Oct 2023, 19:28

Definitely one after Enfields 2nd goal, you can just about see it on the highlights

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 10 Oct 2023, 19:56

Its going to be a hanger on, that will vanish the first sign of a downturn. I think the Stewards need to be facing in to the crowd tbh, rather than among them. Disappointing.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 10 Oct 2023, 20:13

I'm not supporting the actions of the morons who threw the glasses at the Enfield players and when caught should be banned for life but something should be said about the Enfield players actions in celebrating right in front of the Shed.
they should have gone to their own fans.
In a highly emotionally charged Shed (although certainly nothing aggresive as I could see) this action was going to goad some low life into acting.

Lets hope the video helps track these idiots down

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 10 Oct 2023, 21:06

Rich wrote:
10 Oct 2023, 20:13
I'm not supporting the actions of the morons who threw the glasses at the Enfield players and when caught should be banned for life but something should be said about the Enfield players actions in celebrating right in front of the Shed.
In a highly emotionally charged Shed (although certainly nothing aggresive as I could see) this action was going to goad some low life into acting.

Yeah. I get that. Welwank Garden City or Prescott Cables for example, wound the fans up all game. In this case though, I think it was a good game and no real niggle. Likewise, Im bemused after beating Bromsgrove, someone threw stuff. Absolute Morons.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 10 Oct 2023, 21:10

drummyb wrote:
10 Oct 2023, 21:06
Rich wrote:

Yeah. I get that. Welwank Garden City or Prescott Cables for example, wound the fans up all game. In this case though, I think it was a good game and no real niggle. Likewise, Im bemused after beating Bromsgrove, someone threw stuff. Absolute Morons.
And by that score, and to flip the point,
Donelly at Stourbr*dge, did the same as Enfield. So yeah. I think players need to wind it in too.

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 10 Oct 2023, 21:43

Rich wrote:

I agree with this, I was pretty proud of the shed end at this point for not retaliating when they scored.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 11 Oct 2023, 11:06

I can understand than in a large scale and volatile environment players have a responsibility not to inflame matters (Gazza's flute playing for example for those of a certain age). But for the level we play at, I don't see why there should be restrictions on how players celebrate (or there are, the grown-ups in their clubs should handle it internally).

The irony of the Enfield match being if it had been one round later there would have been a high probably of it being televised and that alcohol on terraces is verbotten at televised Cup games.