Retained List - Updated. Probably. If I Remember.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Retained List

Post by piearce9 » 02 Jun 2023, 14:46

I genuinely think this has been great business up to this point. I'm sad to see Evo and Sim depart, given what they've done for the club, but the squad being assembled is excellent.

Today's retained list is not far from what I was expecting - I always felt we'd keep c.half a dozen from last season - although I was surprised (for good reasons) to see both KD and Hayward in there too.

Our undoing last season was starting off with too big a squad, struggling to keep everyone happy with game time, and changing the formation/system too frequently.

This year it looks like the squad will be much tighter in numbers and roles will be clearer. We now have 11 top quality players committed for next season (including hot-off-the-press Cater) so need perhaps a spare GK, 2 or 3 defenders (including a captain-style centre back), 2-3 midfield/attackers (inc.first choice striker), and we're ready to roll.

Where's Andy?

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 02 Jun 2023, 21:50

lutleyyeltz wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 14:19
https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/first-team-news
...and another one in!
Welcome!
Who the hell is taking these player photos?

Another shockingly blurry picture.

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 02 Jun 2023, 21:56

Always reminds me of this…

eight spoked asterisk emoticons

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 02 Jun 2023, 22:16

Its always sad to see good players leave but Ive learned with non-league its usually inevitable. I suppose we're at the start of a new chapter again.

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 03 Jun 2023, 10:26

Have we got any players on contract this season

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Jun 2023, 14:55

Only just registered that Josh Ezewele is on the list! Magnificent!
Yes I know, Shergar's gone missing......
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 03 Jun 2023, 16:08

Really happy with the retained list and hopefully about 5 or 6 of the players offered deals will accept.
Along with the new signings who certainly look good on the reports we have the basis of a team who I'm sure can hold their own in this new league.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 03 Jun 2023, 21:04

Dazzie76 wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 10:26
Have we got any players on contract this season
As I understand it, even though we've 'signed' players for next season, we actually haven't got any player registered to us yet. Players can't actually sign or be registered with us until 1st July. At the moment, we've only got a players word that they're committed to us for next season. There could be a situation (and this has happened before) where you may well see a player end up somewhere else before the season starts if they for example, get offered £20 more down the road. With that in mind, a contracted player will be contracted from 1st July - unless they're already signed on a two year deal - which I believe for example is the case with Jason Cowley at Stour. Not sure we have any players contracted for last year and this year.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 05 Jun 2023, 06:06

Yeah 1st July is the registration date hence some clubs don't disclose any new players untill then some players will always leave after committing when better deals turn up mckeown tamworth to buxton in one case. Last couple of years we said some players were put on contract when signing or renewing previous years deal. Just saying agreed terms now so presuming non contract unless things change by the reg date. Can work for you sometimes if things don't go to plan and we struggle easier to shift players out or can work the other way and players jump ship.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 05 Jun 2023, 16:28

Gregory & Morris now added to the retained list