Ifs and Buts;

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ifs and Buts;

Post by drummyb » 15 Apr 2023, 12:14

I have no issues with any of the clubs in our division bar Corby for obvious reasons. Not so much the club, but the support, the clubs abdication of the problem maybe.

I still maintain it lacks a bit of class and dignity. I beleive its supposed to be fans, although Im not convinced given the clothing. Id have been disappointed if it was our lot too though, which is what I beleive started it. I cant abide the pettiness and oneupmanship around footy 'banter' sometimes, that makes reasonable people turn into twats. Its no different to the Chasetown player rubbing his eyes at upset kids last season imho. Its an open audience of all ages. Yeah we have fucked it up but we dont need telling that by a club we have no bad history with, and Ill certainly applaud them for their achievement.

Still each to their own and its an argument that doesnt go anywhere over what is funny and what isnt.

Its not my fault I know better ;D ;D ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 16 Apr 2023, 10:21

The table is looking mad now. Whether we finish 2nd or 3rd is anybody's guess. The 4th and 5th places could go to goal difference. If Coleshill and Khalsa win their games against Shepshed and Spalding (hopefully!) respectively then it's job done. If not it's highly likely 6 clubs could be separated by a single point, with Chasetown in 4th place!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 16 Apr 2023, 13:19

If Chasetown don't win their game in hand on Tuesday at home to Hinckley then Khalsa are safe for a promotion spot so could rest players against Spalding on Saturday.
Ironically it means its in our interest for Chastown to win so Khalsa have to go for a point at least to be safe on goal difference.

Oh what fun!!!!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Apr 2023, 21:51

And Chasetown and Corby go 6th and 7th. Ominous. Thankfully both cannot get into the play offs but either one could.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Apr 2023, 21:54

Khalsa now need only a point for the play offs and if they got it against Spalding that would guarantee 2nd spot for us regardless.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 18 Apr 2023, 22:25

6 teams now vying for 2 the remaining 2 play-off places:

Boldmere St Michaels
vs
Corby Town

Cambridge City
vs
Chasetown

Harborough Town
vs
Dereham Town

Shepshed Dynamo
vs
Coleshill Town

Sporting Khalsa
vs
Spalding United

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Apr 2023, 23:20

Easy.

juanillo wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 22:25
6 teams now vying for 2 the remaining 2 play-off places:

Boldmere St Michaels
vs
Corby Town
Draw

Cambridge City
vs
Chasetown
Chasetown Win

Harborough Town
vs
Dereham Town
Harborough Win

Shepshed Dynamo
vs
Coleshill Town
Draw

Sporting Khalsa
vs
Spalding United
Draw

So -

4 Sporting Khalsa 68
5 Chasetown 68
6 Coleshill Town 67
7 Harborough Town 67
8 Corby Town 65
9 Boldmere St Michaels 65

Chasetown at home on Tuesday, 93rd minute Luke Yates winner.

If anyone needs Saturday's Lotto numbers, just ask.

Mystic Doc

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Apr 2023, 06:32

It was almost done and dusted for Khalsa last night but that goal for Chasetown threw it all wide open again.

I did fancy Khalsa and Coleshill to keep their places with just one game to hold out but nothing seems to be certain in this league.

In theory, Shepshed have nowt to play for but that’s a funny place to go and they do like to leg teams up.

I have a feeling that Chasetown might be playing a crocked keeper as well and, again, Cambridge don’t have anything riding on it but are a tricky customer. Draw no good for Corby or Boldmere so suspect that’ll go one way or tother.

Probably be Harborough now after all that.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 19 Apr 2023, 13:22

So many combinations are left , that its doing my head in, so I think I'll just wait until 5 o'clock on Saturday. What I do know is that we MUST beat Stamford to ensure second place. Exciting aint it .

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 19 Apr 2023, 13:28

I think Coleshill should win so we could end up with them or Sporting Khalsa. Also Boldmere v Corby really ought to end up in a win for one of them as a draw is no use to either, so they will both be going for it.

It's got enough permutations for Sky to be covering it!