Squad Tweakage

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Squad Tweakage

Post by YeltzDoc » 24 Mar 2023, 13:19

And that's supposed to get me OFF the roof?

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 24 Mar 2023, 13:27

Asa Charlton

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 24 Mar 2023, 13:27

What's Greg Pearson up to nowadays?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 24 Mar 2023, 13:30

The biggest issue I've got is we've yet to have a player from Worcester Raiders who is even up to the task that they need let alone gaining promotion to the next division for us. I hope I'm wrong but we're knackered. Unless this is some reverse psychology shit. I guess my Turton / Hayward thing was all in my head. Oh well, at least it's a new ground for me tomorrow.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 24 Mar 2023, 13:52

I can only think that it’s one of money, mutiny or masterplan. And I can’t imagine that it’s squad trimmage due to cash issues.

But whether it's mutiny or masterplan I can’t work out.

The practicalities of it seem weird if it’s masterplan.
Take Bunn for instance, either he trains with us then we send him off to Hinckley at 14:50 on Saturday, admittedly at Step 5, and they play him in the middle of the park with them only having only seen him on FIFA beforehand, or he toddles over there to sit on their bench instead of ours, or he trains with them all week in which case he’s next to useless for us, unless he sits on our bench, which is what we’re trying to avoid.

*Edit*

To take it piecemeal -

Mills - meh
Sammons - apparently he and Smith don't see eye-to-eye. Fairy snuff.
Birch - needs a few games to see if the mended peg still allows him to clart people up the arse.
Redhead - never really featured but has been useful in some performances apparently
Ezewele - Eze-Reale? Many people's POTY so far.
Turton - despite HH's love affair, hasn't featured, but surely would have with the departures
Bunn - hasn't performed to the previous level where Kev loved him nearly as much as Woody, but surely useful for 6 games?

And it doesn't half leave us short...I'm struggling to pick a midfield of four even if we include the new, untried bloke from Step 5.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 24 Mar 2023, 13:56

I'm not casting nasturtiums btw, just genuinely befuddled. If anyone "official" has any input?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 24 Mar 2023, 14:02

Redditch United have one midweek fixture left that doesn't clash with any of our remaining games. They do play Good Friday but thats a clash with our Saturday fixture in all honesty. So Eze and TT will not really be getting any extra minutes unless they go there when we play

AFC Hinckley play on Monday nights, they have 4 games which don't clash, great for Jack Redhead, not sure Robbie Bunn really needs the minutes at level 5.............. Again unless they go for the lot (including Saturday games)

I think it's safe to assume Sammons won't be playing for us again, so I haven't looked at Evesham's fixtures!

Oh and Bradley Birch at Worcester City, they appear to have no midweek fixtures left

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 24 Mar 2023, 14:44

I make no secret of the fact that I did n't want Smith reappointed and it appears that it has n't taken him long to exercise his excentric ways. I have always had the opinion that all the players who left us at the end of last season did n't merely leave because we did n't get promotion or for the extra money on offer at Stratford. I warned at the start of this season that his persisting in young players who were n't quite up to the mark, would not be good enough to win the league, but I now fear the return of some of these players.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 24 Mar 2023, 15:10

We really need to see how this dual registration pans out first. As has been said it's not exactly going to motivate any of those on the list even if they are playing for us. My temporary upbeat 'things can't get any worse' is wavering, and we haven't kicked a ball yet. :-\
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 24 Mar 2023, 15:23

It's a weird situation that in theory works out great, we get first choice and if not they get in match time elsewhere. If it was that easy and productive then why no do it every season then?

Either way it points to a massive clearout/rebuild after the last match regardless of promotion. Which is what a lot of people want? (Not me but it'll happen regardless)