Nicholls & Sockett Gone - Smith Returns

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
DanHTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Nicholls & Sockett Gone - Smith Returns

Post by DanHTFC » 20 Mar 2023, 10:09

Club Statement
Craig Nicholls & Martin Sockett - Statement from Keith Mckenna and Karen Brookes
HALESOWEN TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB can confirm that it is with regret that the club have decided to part ways with 1st team Managers Craig Nicholls and Martin Sockett.
Unfortunately recent results haven't been good enough on the pitch and a change was decided as we try and push for promotion.
Two very well thought of people and we thank them for their hard work and commitment to the club.
We will have further updates throughout the day.
Up The Yeltz

So Halesowen have just released a statement confirming they have let both managers go. Feels the right choice for me, but who will we bring in? A certain Paul Smith anybody?

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Nicholls & Sockett gone

Post by Johnny Bud » 20 Mar 2023, 10:10

Unfortunate for them, but had to be done after recent results / performances!

VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by VanessaYeltz » 20 Mar 2023, 10:18

A lazy appointment in the first place and joint management never works.

They’re both nice people but there’s no room for sentiment. Nice to see the owners putting the mothership first.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 20 Mar 2023, 10:34

Big risk at this stage of season but will ultimately only be proved right or wrong if we go up or not......

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 20 Mar 2023, 10:35

Bring back smudger - nailed on IMO if he wants it

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 20 Mar 2023, 10:36

yep club just announced he is back - welcome back smudger you have been missed

GaryJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GaryJ » 20 Mar 2023, 10:45

What's the point of bringing Paul Smith back, we may as well left Craig and Soc in charge just be the same old same old. We need a manager with fresh ideas and a shake up. Not have a squad of most players in their 30s and don't look fit.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Nicholls & Sockett Gone - Smith Returns

Post by drummyb » 20 Mar 2023, 10:50

Give the bloke a chance. Jesus

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 20 Mar 2023, 10:55

Yeltzbaby wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 10:36
yep club just announced he is back - welcome back smudger you have been missed
I think you've forgotten how bad we were towards the end of his time here. Just as change was needed after Saturday, it was needed when Paul left. The two cup defeats away to Romulus and Sutton, Spalding and Boldmere away. We were barely laying a glove on half decent opponents. I think to say 'he was missed' is wrong.

That being said, I think it's the correct call to bring Smith back, given the limited games remaining and his knowledge of the current squad and set up. I wonder who his assistant will be? Snapper, hopefully.

Hopefully his time away from management will stand him in good stead. I'm positive that he'll come back refreshed, with new ideas and a renewed passion for the game, which (understandably) looked like it waned due to off field issues. I genuinely wish him the best of luck, as I do with Craig and Socket with their future endeavours.

Today's developments have given me renewed hope we can win the play-offs. Without any changes there was no way we were going up.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Nicholls & Sockett Gone - Smith Returns

Post by drummyb » 20 Mar 2023, 10:59

Lets not forget the personal issues he's had to work through to get back to here, and for all we know, was working through before he had to leave.

We got a change, now lets rally round.