cor be con it

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: cor be con it

Post by drummyb » 19 Feb 2023, 12:12

What hate crime??? But yeah we took some idiots too, hence my first post. Including some "adults" who were there just for a piss up. I was actually ashamed.

Agree with the rest of it entirely. As I said they shouldnt have been in the same stand. Only 750 or so people, so plenty of room to put them elsewhere. Or just dont let idiot children in.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 19 Feb 2023, 12:22

Can't actually remember - one of the chants was deemed ablist by the police I believe, but I've no idea which and I certainly didn't hear anything.

Shitshow from start to finish sadly.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 19 Feb 2023, 22:37

Segregation at non league level is something thats crept in slowly say over the past 10 years or so. I know National conference league is mandatory segregation and I 'think' although not sure North and South is as well?

This theme seems be all the rage at levels 3 and 4 now too, not entirely sure why and is it justified?? There does seem to be a notable increase in how can I describe them 'young chavs' following many more lower non league clubs then there ever used to be. The age of these individuals seems to be getting younger and younger all the time - why is this?

Security and policing at football league clubs gets better and better every year from the 90's onwards and the chance of these kids getting away with misbehaving is very minimal indeed, hence the attraction of local lower league clubs and games. Also the ever larger trend of posting you and your mates having a playground spat at a game and posting it on social media is now almost 'normal', the thing to do and a laugh, this breeds copycat behavior etc.

Not being ageist and wanting to be to over generalizing but I cant remember or see very much evidence of 'adults' getting involved in prolonged anti social behavior at games at our level (say step 3 and 4) at all, all the so called 'trouble' is caused by 16/17 year olds and under.....think this is a fair reflection on how society has involved since the brainwashing copycat tinternet took off.

If I see one more 13 year old chav, wearing CP company hoodie with googles attached spread his arms wide and offer a section of opposing supports 'out' well I give up. It does make me giggle but also wonder what on earth is going on in these kids lives??? Trying not to sound old here but please give me a break - I dont want to be segregated at local non league games just cause 10 to 14 years olds need a good hiding from their parents and/or decent parents

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Feb 2023, 23:07

I've been to Corby a few times now with the Yeltz, I can't quite put my finger on what it is about them that I don't like. There does seem to be a bit of a "It's not us" attitude whenever Corby supporters seem to be involved in some kind of nonsense. I think there's also an arrogance and ignorance about them. For example, rocking up yesterday at the ground they have a van serving beer, cold drinks, burgers, chips and hotdogs, three women struggling to serve the 200 or whatever Yeltz folk there and then told that they didn't accept cash - all payments to be made by card. Nothing had been mentioned about this and Yeltz officials confirmed this was not communicated to us. Karen bless her, offered to pay by card for anyone's food or drink if they only had cash with them or no card payment and they could give her the cash back.

There stewarding yesterday was woeful also and but thanks to Halesowen we had three of our own stewards there who did a fair job in the absence of Corby stewards. They (Corby) even asked for our stewards to man the gate that kept us all in at the end, but they were too busy in the divide between the two sets of supporters. Add to that the Corby kids throwing cans of pop and no end of other items at Yeltz fans (i think some of our twats threw them also) it was all a pretty crap day.

If we do go up, one huge benefit will be never having to go here again, it really is horrid.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 20 Feb 2023, 00:28

If we do go up, one huge benefit will be never having to go here again, it really is horrid.
[/quote]

On the flip side to that many many more local derbies with the chance of regular segregated games, clubs like Stourbr*dge, Bromsgrove and Redditch have done it for local derby's this season. Tamworth and nuneaton too, to name but a few.
Bromsgrove have even took the highly unusual step of issuing 10 club bans to fans after a game against nuneaton this season. Although if you try and pick through the detail it's claimed the bans are more to do with a vocal protest against the current chairman Mike Burke and how he runs the club, than to do with anything else. There seems to be a lot of politics and unrest at that club, looking in from afar. Mike Burke wasn't he closely associated with our club at one time??

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Feb 2023, 09:07

I've got this nasty feeling that if we fail to win the league we haven't seen the last of Corby this season.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 21 Feb 2023, 21:36

And from another delightful place to visit, this from tonight's Tamworth v Nuneaton game: "Both teams have left the field after fans of both sides began throwing projectiles at each other."
Later update: Match abandoned.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Feb 2023, 08:12

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 22 Feb 2023, 11:24

andy wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 09:07
I've got this nasty feeling that if we fail to win the league we haven't seen the last of Corby this season.
Exactly what I said on Saturday. Let’s just hope that if it comes to pass it will be the semi final on the Tuesday. God forbid it ends up being the final on the Saturday 😳

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 22 Feb 2023, 11:51

DJ wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 21:36
And from another delightful place to visit, this from tonight's Tamworth v Nuneaton game: "Both teams have left the field after fans of both sides began throwing projectiles at each other."
Later update: Match abandoned.
Plus ça change.