drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

cor be con it

Post by drummyb » 16 Feb 2023, 21:16

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: cor be con it

Post by andy » 17 Feb 2023, 18:46

What a sorry state of affairs that it comes to this.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 17 Feb 2023, 18:55

andy wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 18:46
Corby fans are, let's say 'special', but this must only be because of the numbers expected at the game, surely? Mind you, segregation is the way we're heading generally. For example, I can't see we'll ever play Stourbr*dge again without it.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Feb 2023, 20:00

Brightgoldenhaze wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 18:55
andy wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 18:46
Corby fans are, let's say 'special', but this must only be because of the numbers expected at the game, surely? Mind you, segregation is the way we're heading generally. For example, I can't see we'll ever play Stourbr*dge again without it.
Hmm, it's still a shame. Having been there many times, the Jocks have just been a bit boisterous, not unlike ourselves, but no problem as such. I've always quite enjoyed it. New generation, new problems I suppose. :-\
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Feb 2023, 13:20

I don't know why they've always been, as Andy says, "boisterous". Whether it started with a particular bunch of fans and then became a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy that attracted similarly minded sorts, or whether it's an "us-against-the-world" small town mindset, amped up by anti-English Jockery, I can't say. There's an interesting sociology thesis in this somewhere I'm sure.

It's deffo not a new thing though, I remember a game in the early / mid 90s at their old place where their fans very generously made a monetary donation to our club. Mind you, doing it by chucking coins at our Vice Chairman probably wasn't the most traditional route.

Markwils52
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Markwils52 » 18 Feb 2023, 19:36

Interesting to read this, as n Twitter there are a couple of photos and reports of some kinds of disturbance near the Corby ground. I was there as a neutral, and decided today, to ground hop as it was an interesting fixture. It was a good match for a neutral (sorry Yeltz, but it was), and the atmosphere was fairly decent from both sets of fans in the split segregated stand . Decent sized crowd too I thought (784 with 168 Yeltz.). I was stood just to the right of the away dugout.

I got away quickly and as I turned out of Jimmy Kane Way (road leading to the ground and car park from main road), I saw a police car on blue lights heading towards the junction and it turned up to the ground as I turned out. A little way up the road towards Kettering 4 police cars on blue light were heading towards the direction of the ground, then on the A43 a couple of miles away, I saw a police van on blue lights. I wondered if this was connected to the ground. I expected some needle as I saw the fans would be segregated - via the website on Friday,

It will be interesting to know what happened.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Feb 2023, 22:18

On leaving the ground, two vans and several cars with lots of pockets of youth around who were stood round talking to the Police. Dunno about what happened outside, but items being thrown from both sets in the ground. One of ours came out with a cut to his face. Why they needed to be in the same stand I dont know.

But it was badly behaved children causing the issue. And I mean really badly behaved.

OnionYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OnionYeltz » 19 Feb 2023, 08:41

That "bar" they provided us with was an absolute joke. Cost themselves a fair amount of money

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Feb 2023, 10:24

OnionYeltz wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 08:41
That "bar" they provided us with was an absolute joke. Cost themselves a fair amount of money
Not sure about that given some of the idiots I was near.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 19 Feb 2023, 11:29

Several things can be true all at once here.

1. We definitely had a group of about 20 who were not averse to some 'trouble'.
2. They had lots of children who were looking for it and throwing stuff.
3. Their stewards (and the police) were a joke. Reporting our fans for a hate crime... laughable.
4. It's part of their DNA to behave like that. The twitter admin all the way through to the people that operate the turnstiles - they think they're special and that rules don't apply to them. It isn't an element of their fans. It's who they are as a club.

Nasty, contemptible bunch. I won't be going there again.