HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: Bananaman

Post by HalesowenHarry » 24 Jan 2023, 12:57

YeltzDoc wrote:
23 Jan 2023, 23:20
I thought he went to Nuneaton?
Anyone?
yep, after Kingstonian, think it was when Geoff Chapple was their manager (him of the Woking fame). And it was quite a high fee..........

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 24 Jan 2023, 12:58

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 24 Jan 2023, 15:46

fairweatherfan wrote:
23 Jan 2023, 20:09
piearce9 wrote:
22 Jan 2023, 18:40
I agree - it came as a bit of a shock when Bristol Rovers opened their chequebook to peel ( ;D ) him away from us. He was solid, yet didn’t stand out massively amongst a very good squad at the time. His record in the football league was excellent though, so very much vindicated on their part.

On an aside, is he the last player for whom we received a fee? Also I can’t think of too many who were signed BY a league club either. Many have gone on to the football league, but via another non-league side first.
I may be completely wrong here, but I've a feeling that Kingstonian paid us £18k for Delton Francis...
Pretty sure we didn’t get a fee. Even in my descent into senile memory loss I would remember that surely ? But I will check in the loft later ( if I can still get up the ladder 😂)

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 24 Jan 2023, 19:05

old git wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 15:46
fairweatherfan wrote:
23 Jan 2023, 20:09
piearce9 wrote:
22 Jan 2023, 18:40
I agree - it came as a bit of a shock when Bristol Rovers opened their chequebook to peel ( ;D ) him away from us. He was solid, yet didn’t stand out massively amongst a very good squad at the time. His record in the football league was excellent though, so very much vindicated on their part.

On an aside, is he the last player for whom we received a fee? Also I can’t think of too many who were signed BY a league club either. Many have gone on to the football league, but via another non-league side first.
I may be completely wrong here, but I've a feeling that Kingstonian paid us £18k for Delton Francis...
Pretty sure we didn’t get a fee. Even in my descent into senile memory loss I would remember that surely ? But I will check in the loft later ( if I can still get up the ladder 😂)
And entirely possible that my juvenile brain was so determined to believe he was *that* good I invented one!