Non league attendances

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Non league attendances

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Jan 2023, 13:58

Yep, the excellent Football Web Pages suggests that there was an understandable boost after the FA Cup run in 20/21 but laudably they've managed to keep a good proportion of them coming in through the turnstiles for two years.
Chapeau to the Mickey Mousers.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 18 Jan 2023, 16:46

YeltzDoc wrote:
18 Jan 2023, 11:31

"dipping the girl in front of me's pigtails in the inkwell"
Is that one of your clever dicky euphemisms you picked up at posh school?" ::)

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Jan 2023, 19:18

I can assure you that the only feminines allowed at my school were Latin nouns.
It was very much the sort of establishment where Rugby Union and homosexuality were compulsory.
And often combined.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 18 Jan 2023, 20:43

I do like my attendance stats.

137 clubs average over 500 which was always considered to be a very decent average crowd to have.

What's missing for me in all attendances figures throughout the pro and non league game is 'away fans figures'. Granted at our level it would have to be an educated guess but where segregation is compulsory I have always thought this would be easy to include and interesting to see.

Dagenham and Redbridge have for many years done this on their offical website and I have to say the away figures in the conference aren't as high as I would expect. They do visiting fans to them and how many they take themselves away. Dagenham v Barnet for example poor followings imo at each others grounds. Although I do appreciate on the whole in the conference away travel is much much further. Dagenham away to Gateshead for example 14....(if memory serves me correctly)

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 18 Jan 2023, 21:50

Marine are a brilliant non-league club. The ground is one of the quirkiest you’ll see and they have a lovely set-up.

FA Cup run would have certainly done wonders for their profile, and it probably helps that Everton are in the mire too.

Combine the two factors above - a hook to get new people in to watch and then a great experience to keep them coming back - and you’re onto a winner.

I daresay that’s been our formula over recent seasons too. The Grove is fantastic, atmosphere is pretty good, football being played is decent and so the punters come in once and then keep on coming. Long may it continue.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Jan 2023, 08:26

Yeltzbaby wrote:
18 Jan 2023, 20:43
I do like my attendance stats.

137 clubs average over 500 which was always considered to be a very decent average crowd to have.

What's missing for me in all attendances figures throughout the pro and non league game is 'away fans figures'. Granted at our level it would have to be an educated guess but where segregation is compulsory I have always thought this would be easy to include and interesting to see.

Dagenham and Redbridge have for many years done this on their offical website and I have to say the away figures in the conference aren't as high as I would expect. They do visiting fans to them and how many they take themselves away. Dagenham v Barnet for example poor followings imo at each others grounds. Although I do appreciate on the whole in the conference away travel is much much further. Dagenham away to Gateshead for example 14....(if memory serves me correctly)
The Twitter site 'the 72' gives all the away attendances. Pictures of various away crowds are shown on (if memory serves) 'football away days.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

No9Bus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by No9Bus » 19 Jan 2023, 08:52

Some clubs do provide away numbers for both their home and away fixtures. Solihull Moors and Kidderminsster Harriers do so, but you have to look at each individual match report for the details.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Jan 2023, 12:39

Sorry if this is stating the obvious but surely you can only give away attendances for games that are segregated? How else can you do it?

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Jan 2023, 12:39

piearce9 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 12:39
Sorry if this is stating the obvious but surely you can only give away attendances for games that are segregated? How else can you do it?
On closer inspection I can see you've already said this ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Jan 2023, 13:16

piearce9 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 12:39
Count bobble hats....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0