New signing.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: New signing.

Post by RobYeltz » 04 Jan 2023, 18:31

Regarding missing details. I literally have thousands of old programmes from Yeltz home and away games over the years in the programme shed at the ground. If you want to have a mooch you're welcome. Most of the older programmes are stored in the season they were played so shouldn't be too hard to find.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 04 Jan 2023, 18:59

andy wrote:
04 Jan 2023, 18:08
Also, I don't think Ocker played for us. I'm sure Chas will know.
I'm fairly sure Doc raised this before and we couldn't find that he did. Maybe a friendly?

Yeltz_Bear
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz_Bear » 04 Jan 2023, 20:43

RobYeltz wrote:
04 Jan 2023, 18:31
Regarding missing details. I literally have thousands of old programmes from Yeltz home and away games over the years in the programme shed at the ground. If you want to have a mooch you're welcome. Most of the older programmes are stored in the season they were played so shouldn't be too hard to find.
Thank you. Back when I started my database my plan was to go back to the first match I went to (Baldock Town 6-0 where Evran scored 4, quite the introduction!) I had a lot of programs from the matches I'd been to so was able to use the team lineup pages from the middle to get a lot of the information.
I then decided to go back to the start of the nineties but it didn't feel right that the Joinson goals wouldn't have been included so I decided to try and do the eighties too. So I ended up buying a load of programmes in eBay job lots trying to get the last home games of the seasons so I now have an attic full of programmes from before I was born (and bizarrely a Halesowen vinyl record which I've been able to listen to as I don't have a record player), much to my wife's annoyance.

I recently went through them all again when I decided to add match reports to the database so it's been fun reading about the older matches. (I even went through the old yeltzland site getting all the match reports from there too) But there are large gaps as I seem to have stopped buying programmes at the start of the John Hill era.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 04 Jan 2023, 21:04

Yeltz_Bear wrote:
04 Jan 2023, 20:43
RobYeltz wrote:
04 Jan 2023, 18:31
Thank you. Back when I started my database my plan was to go back to the first match I went to (Baldock Town 6-0 where Evran scored 4, quite the introduction!) I had a lot of programs from the matches I'd been to so was able to use the team lineup pages from the middle to get a lot of the information.
I then decided to go back to the start of the nineties but it didn't feel right that the Joinson goals wouldn't have been included so I decided to try and do the eighties too. So I ended up buying a load of programmes in eBay job lots trying to get the last home games of the seasons so I now have an attic full of programmes from before I was born (and bizarrely a Halesowen vinyl record which I've been able to listen to as I don't have a record player), much to my wife's annoyance.

I recently went through them all again when I decided to add match reports to the database so it's been fun reading about the older matches. (I even went through the old yeltzland site getting all the match reports from there too) But there are large gaps as I seem to have stopped buying programmes at the start of the John Hill era.
Feel free to swing by if the mood takes. Got lots from that era onwards
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 05 Jan 2023, 15:16

having just read the latest Yeltz Nostalgia posting, one name surely missing off the prolific scorers list was that of David Eades. His record of 57 goals in 66 matches would surely top the list and I am proud to say that saw many of them .

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Jan 2023, 21:47

KenR wrote:
05 Jan 2023, 15:16
having just read the latest Yeltz Nostalgia posting, one name surely missing off the prolific scorers list was that of David Eades. His record of 57 goals in 66 matches would surely top the list and I am proud to say that saw many of them .
Now there's one only a very select few on here can comment on. It's a great shout. I thought he played for us for years though? Maybe Ken, or I'm sure Chas, could give us a brief run down on him.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 05 Jan 2023, 22:44

Halesowen travel to Bedworth on Saturday, a journey that has been made many times both to the former Bedworth Town, which disbanded in the late 1960s, and the current Bedworth United. In the matchday programme for the corresponding fixture 50 years ago, 9th January 1971, Bedworth have David Eades at no 9 in their line-up. David played for Halesowen for the 1964/65 & 1965/66 seasons and had a goalscoring record which ranks him amongst the best. His 57 goals in 66 games include 2 hat-tricks but more remarkably over 2 weeks in April 1965 he scored 4 times in each of 3 matches against Darlaston, Sutton Coldfield, and Lye. Over that 2 weeks period 7 matches were played and he scored16 times in total.

and in his second season scored 42 goals.

in the photo (against Stourbr*dge) David is the no9 with his back to the camera and facing another legend Alec Wood. Ray Russell is the number 10. No6 is Stourbr*dge's Johnny Hulston who also played for The Town and lived in Halesowen. A good attendance for that match shown by the numbers stretching down that open side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Jan 2023, 10:07

Wow. Love it. Cheers Chas!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Yeltz_Bear
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz_Bear » 06 Jan 2023, 10:23

YeltzDoc wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 15:49
Dunkley, Martin 1.00

Given that I can't remember the first bloke
Thought I would look into Dunkley a little more.

His one game came at the end of the 1984/85 season which saw Halesowen have to play an incredible 13 matches in May (11 of which were in the league) including having to play Tividale twice in 2 days (home and away) in the league followed by a cup final played at Tividale 2 days later.

Dunkley played in the middle of these 3 matches where Halesowen seemed to played a much changed team with a few of the reserves playing. The newspaper clipping reports that Dunkleys name was Simon, so the Martin could be a mistake.

Doing a quick Google search on Simon Dunkley I found one that plays for the Wolves all-star veteran team, and he seems to have been on the TV show Survivor back in 2001 and is now a soul singer. Looking at articles about his time in Survivor it would have made him about 19/20 at the time of the match so could be possible.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 Jan 2023, 10:45

Get on with Twitter-DMing him, LinkedIn InMailing him etc then. We need to know!