New signing

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: New signing

Post by andy » 26 Jun 2022, 12:29

VanessaYeltz wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 09:59
Personally gutted McCone has gone, he’s a seriously good centre half at this level, people need to avoid letting his moment of madness cloud that.

You can lose players for a tenner a week at this level, it’s what it is.

It’s who replaces him that will tell us where the club is heading quality wise.

Very true. I think talk of what replacements we have should be based on whether we are playing 3/5 or a 4 at the back. Very often it all seemed to go pear shaped when we changed systems. Players sometimes did not seem to adapt. I would like to see us impose our system on everybody else and not set up to combat the opposition. I am probably being naive though. Kelly is a must at centre half and Evo a must at full back, I'll let Paul fill in the gaps.😂
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 26 Jun 2022, 12:47

andy wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 12:29
VanessaYeltz wrote:
Personally gutted McCone has gone, he’s a seriously good centre half at this level, people need to avoid letting his moment of madness cloud that.

Very true. I think talk of what replacements we have should be based on whether we are playing 3/5 or a 4 at the back. Very often it all seemed to go pear shaped when we changed systems. Players sometimes did not seem to adapt. I would like to see us impose our system on everybody else and not set up to combat the opposition. I am probably being naive though. Kelly is a must at centre half and Evo a must at full back, I'll let Paul fill in the gaps.😂
Thought Morris played really well at Centre back in the final few games of the season.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 26 Jun 2022, 16:19

VanessaYeltz wrote:

Without doubt a quality centre back, I dont think anyone questioned that. However he will be remembered for a moment of madness and jumping ship immediately after said moment of madness.

It wasnt his fault we didnt get promoted, but he hammered the final nail in. I think disappointed is the word Id use.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Jun 2022, 18:15

I agree that McCone will (seemingly) be remembered for his one error of judgment. It’s incredibly harsh though - he was the standout player in Step 4 in his first season and is genuinely one of the best centre backs we’ve had at the club, certainly in the last 20 seasons.

I’ve taken pelters for this but I’m of the view he was extremely unlucky for the playoff penalty. 95% of refs are NOT giving that in the circumstances.

He has been unfairly scapegoated and, as much as I wanted him to stay, you can’t blame him for wanting a fresh start.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 26 Jun 2022, 18:47

piearce9 wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 18:15

He has been unfairly scapegoated and, as much as I wanted him to stay, you can’t blame him for wanting a fresh start.
I dont think the criticism for what happened in the play offs has been that bad to be honest.
I was expecting a lot more and worse.
Think the disappointing thing for me is that he has left but made no real statement as I'm aware about that incident and about his leaving.
I was fully expecting him to be here to see us through (hopefully) to promotion this season.

Following on from his departure does Manning get promoted from 'Mini Mac' to Macca :-[ ???

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 26 Jun 2022, 19:09

Rich wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 18:47
piearce9 wrote:

I dont think the criticism for what happened in the play offs has been that bad to be honest.
Think the disappointing thing for me is that he has left but made no real statement as I'm aware about that incident and about his leaving.
I was fully expecting him to be here to see us through (hopefully) to promotion this season.

Following on from his departure does Manning get promoted from 'Mini Mac' to Macca :-[ ???
Apart from the usual Stourbr*dge village idiots on Twitterbook who seem obsessed with us, I’ve hardly seen, or heard, a harsh word from any Yeltz fan

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 26 Jun 2022, 19:29

Rich wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 18:47
piearce9 wrote:

Yeah. In contrast to Hawks thanking everyone on Farcebook. I dunno if Macca is on Antisocial media though. As I said. Disappointing.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Jun 2022, 20:06

I agree with OG. Many other clubs fans would have slaughtered him but that defo did not happen
I'd have liked him to stay, he is still quality. Like others I am just disappointed he has left with barely a word. But as I posted earlier most footballers are just mercenaries and I don't take it too much to heart.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Jun 2022, 20:22

Fair comments all round and I know that people will differ with me on this one.

Not sure I’ve ever seen McCone post anything at all on “the socials” though. Can’t say the same about Jamie Insall ;)

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 26 Jun 2022, 20:58

https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/first-team-news
Josh Ezewele and Jac Redhead sign.