Ashley Sammons

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashley Sammons

Post by old git » 19 Aug 2021, 08:39

However he is the second player who has left to get a starting place at a HIGHER level. Speaks volumes about the quality in this squad.
Possibly the ‘problems at his previous club’ he mentioned were that he couldn’t get in the starting line up?

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 19 Aug 2021, 08:57

Very much what I took it to be, but find the whole thing rather queer.

PaulSmith
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by PaulSmith » 22 Aug 2021, 16:40

Hello all,

I hope you are well,
Below are my programme notes from yesterday’s game, for those that haven’t seen them, hopefully may answer a few questions some of you have on Ashley’s departure…..
As first weeks of the season go this has been a good one.
Last Saturday we went to Cambridge in the first game of the season, we put in a professional, measured performance that lacked a degree of quality, but made up for that with a grit and determination to get three points.
Which is all anyone wants first game back.
We followed that up on Tuesday with a performance I come to expect from this group.
A resounding win, full of quality football, movement and courage on the ball, that was a pleasure to watch.
That all, even after conceding a dubious goal after 4 minutes that looked offside, even saying that it’s a mistake, as we should have just defended properly, and not given the official an opportunity to make one himself.

So far so good league wise, two wins from two.
It’s vital that the players don’t take anything for granted, and continue to grow as a unit and improve.

There is a togetherness in the group that I demand, and I feel with a number of new players in the group, I expected that to take a little longer than it has.
I demand an attitude and togetherness that doesn’t diminish if left out of the squad, or with a place on the bench. Because over the course of a 60 plus game season, if we are successful in cup competitions too, everyone will play their part.
Those on the bench in games are our finishers and have just as important rolls to play as those that start. Look at Tuesday as an example Harry White and Jamie Molynewx both coming off the bench to score and play well.
Some players deal with this situation better than others.
I understand playing careers are short, and some want guaranteed first team football, wether fully fit or not, and/or in good form or not. This is something that won’t happen on my watch however good a player is.
The old adage of there is no I in team is a very important one to me.
On that note we have said a final goodbye to Ashley Sammons this week, a fantastic footballer on his day and we wish him well.

Today we have a break from league action and enter the fa cup against an in form Sutton side who are also unbeaten in their start to the season, that added to the very tough game they gave us in a friendly a month or two back, tells me it’s going to be a very tough encounter.
Three games in a week is tough so I’ll be looking to shuffle the pack to an extent today and give rests to those that need them, and minutes to those who are chomping at the bit to play their part.
A local derby with two in form sides, I think it could be a cracker!

I hope you all enjoy today’s game, and please do get home safe.

Yours in football
Paul

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Aug 2021, 18:29

Cheers Paul. I think that puts that one to bed.😁
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 22 Aug 2021, 18:50

Informative, well prepared and professional as ever gaffer, exactly what we are seeing on the pitch too, a joy to be a part of it and long may it continue.

Up the Yeltz !

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 22 Aug 2021, 19:29

Appreciate you taking the time to reply. Thank you!