Restart

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Restart

Post by Simons » 17 Dec 2020, 17:05

The odd thing is that the Northern Prem are at this stage intending to start with some fixtures on Saturday and a full Boxing Day program. So much for the 3 leagues sticking together. Would be interesting if the season gets abandoned and they are much further ahead with their fixtures.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 17 Dec 2020, 17:56

I think this was all expected in the circumstances (sadly) and I reckon that’s also the last hope of playing out the full season also gone.

I’m remaining optimistic that there’ll still be some football played before May, perhaps some sort of “reduced” season?

I’m just praying they don’t just bin it again, couldn’t face up to a third season in the M40 league.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 17 Dec 2020, 18:07

piearce9 wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 17:56
I think this was all expected in the circumstances (sadly) and I reckon that’s also the last hope of playing out the full season also gone.

I’m remaining optimistic that there’ll still be some football played before May, perhaps some sort of “reduced” season?

I’m just praying they don’t just bin it again, couldn’t face up to a third season in the M40 league.
The question raised by this is whether anyone thinks that the Southern League has the wit and imagination to find a way of having a meaningful competition played out over a shortened season.
Don’t all rush at once, form an orderly queue.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 17 Dec 2020, 18:22

[/quote]
The question raised by this is whether anyone thinks that the Southern League has the wit and imagination to find a way of having a meaningful competition played out over a shortened season.
[/quote]

Of course they don't!

All this COVID stuff has clearly gotten to you Brother Nogster and addled your brains with such a stupid suggestion ::) ;)

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 19 Dec 2020, 20:10

"The Northern Premier League have issued another statement regarding the Christmas fixtures:

The main thing to take from it is this

"The NPL wants to avoid, if possible, a second consecutive season being declared null and void. Clubs should therefore bear in mind that any further fixture suspensions could increase this risk."

It has, therefore, been decided that playing league fixtures on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day will now be optional.

Clubs who wish to continue with fixtures arranged for the 22/26/28/29-Dec and 01/02-Jan have the option to play those matches where both clubs are in agreement."

It seems they are more determined to get the fixtures played

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 20 Dec 2020, 09:20

Simons wrote:
19 Dec 2020, 20:10
"The Northern Premier League have issued another statement regarding the Christmas fixtures:

The main thing to take from it is this

"The NPL wants to avoid, if possible, a second consecutive season being declared null and void. Clubs should therefore bear in mind that any further fixture suspensions could increase this risk."

It has, therefore, been decided that playing league fixtures on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day will now be optional.

Clubs who wish to continue with fixtures arranged for the 22/26/28/29-Dec and 01/02-Jan have the option to play those matches where both clubs are in agreement."

It seems they are more determined to get the fixtures played
I miss being in the superior organised Northern league.

The Southern league is a complete shambles.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 20 Dec 2020, 12:46

Those clubs now within the Tier 4 area of the country are not allowed to train or play.
Another significant impact for our league (&others), btw elite can continue.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 20 Dec 2020, 12:56

Can't see how the season can possibly be completed.

I wonder if anybody has given any consideration to adding in this season's table to how last season's was when it was voided and seeing what the standings are. We had 11 games to play and have played 7 as things stand now

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 20 Dec 2020, 13:30

West Lancs league already reached a decision, league abandoned, regional cup competitions instead.

http://www.westlancashireleague.co.uk/f ... date-64750

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 20 Dec 2020, 19:12

If we can start in say March, maybe we could squeeze in a half season, and everyone could play each other once?

Can’t see it happening myself, but got to be better than giving up already (which is probably what the idiots at the SL will do)