SL crowds

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: SL crowds

Post by dalevillain » 28 Sep 2020, 10:23

Think the drum lad in question is one of the kids in the Shed which explains the comments. Doesn’t make it right but explains not seeing the bigger picture.

No reason why 100/150 people can’t stand safely spread out across the whole shed, just need to be smarter as a fan base and work together to ensure we don’t get the club into trouble.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 28 Sep 2020, 10:34

There's no need for a witch-hunt as they're only lads who are getting behind the team and, as stated elsewhere, follies of youth etc.
I don't imagine that they come on the forum, as it's Boomer-central, but there's a few on here who stand and sing with the shed, perhaps a few older heads could nudge the group towards self-policing?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Sep 2020, 10:41

Yep, follies of youth and all that. But when things are 'out there' on social media they are read. By anybody. It's just the sort of things authorities will jump on and use as a reason to close grounds again. Then we ALL suffer. It doesn't take a bagful of brain cells for any age person to know what the repercussions will be. I'm glad Karen has taken the bull by the horns early to hopefully avert this.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 28 Sep 2020, 11:47

andy wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 10:41
Yep, follies of youth and all that. But when things are 'out there' on social media they are read. By anybody. It's just the sort of things authorities will jump on and use as a reason to close grounds again. Then we ALL suffer. It doesn't take a bagful of brain cells for any age person to know what the repercussions will be. I'm glad Karen has taken the bull by the horns early to hopefully avert this.
We could just ban anyone under the age of forty? ;)

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 28 Sep 2020, 12:05

Not sure on the exact rules at the moment (probably isnt any!!) but if the announcement is made to distance and fans take no notice can the stewards (or club representative) notify the referee (probably via linesmen) and the referee actually halts the game till distancing is sorted??

I'm sure when (or if) fans are allowed back to more games this issue will keep arising around the country.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Sep 2020, 13:09

Westyeltz wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 11:47
andy wrote:
That's all well and good for you old uns. What are us young uns meant to do? Watch Lye?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Sep 2020, 13:41

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 13:09
Westyeltz wrote:
andy wrote:
That's all well and good for you old uns. What are us young uns meant to do? Watch Lye?
Yes that's your punishment.😂
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 28 Sep 2020, 14:22

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 13:09
Westyeltz wrote:
andy wrote:
Yeah. That'll learn yer. ;D