SL crowds

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

SL crowds

Post by andy » 26 Sep 2020, 18:00

With no crowds being allowed in the top 7 divisions I imagined crowds at our level would be up significantly. They appear though to have gone DOWN. In the Premier today (Stour att not shown) the only crowd above 400 was Banbury. Even Tamworth couldnt manage 350. It would seem only us and Corby will manage our 400 maximums and it doesn't look like anyone in the Premier will be regularly reaching their 600 maximum. Very strange.
Last edited by andy on 26 Sep 2020, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: SL crowds

Post by juanillo » 26 Sep 2020, 18:40

I know what you mean, although some of them are up. Teams that get low crowds anyway like Rushall and Coalville are getting more but it’s not that marked.

The all-ticket systems doesn’t lend itself to the casual supporter either who won’t be planning in advance.

Meanwhile, I didn’t think the crowd in the main part of the shed did many favours today with their ‘social distancing’. It’s not hard with so much space and a maxImum of 400 in the ground.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 26 Sep 2020, 22:14

And its only the club that will suffer if it carries on.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Sep 2020, 12:02

juanillo wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 18:40
I know what you mean, although some of them are up. Teams that get low crowds anyway like Rushall and Coalville are getting more but it’s not that marked.

The all-ticket systems doesn’t lend itself to the casual supporter either who won’t be planning in advance.

Meanwhile, I didn’t think the crowd in the main part of the shed did many favours today with their ‘social distancing’. It’s not hard with so much space and a maxImum of 400 in the ground.
I don't think I'm the worst offender, but I'm certainly a little guilty of not observing social distancing in the Shed End. I know on the face of it it's easy to say it's easy to social distance. But, if I'm being totally honest, during the game I completely forget about what's going on in the world, and watch the game as I would normally. There's also a lot of good people I actually like spending time with, so it's difficult to not stand with them.

I'm not sure what the club can do, they've been excellent in the handling of this pandemic. It's on us fans to observe social distancing correctly.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 27 Sep 2020, 14:28

I suspect that the club have done all that they can by asking over the tannoy. But I guess there’s a chance that The Shed will be closed for the next game.

I did like the chant in response to the announcement -

“There’s only 6 of us”

;D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 27 Sep 2020, 14:29

Ah, Mystic Doc.

https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/club
Club Statement
Statement from Karen Brookes 27th September 2020

We have worked hard as a football club to ensure that we comply with all the Covid requirements to ensure that we keep our community and one another safe, which has worked well to date. We also recognise the role that we play in proving that football can safely have supporters in our grounds and take this very seriously.

Following the home match yesterday against Barton Rovers, despite our best efforts to ensure all supporters respected the social distancing rules e.g. two metres apart and no more than groups of six - this did not work as well in ‘The Shed’ end as we would have wanted.

Therefore, we are advising all supporters that with effect from the next home match and for all preceding home matches, that new measures will be put in place to restrict the numbers allowed into ‘The Shed’ end and to ensure that the social distancing rules are abided by at all times.

We hope that our fans respect the reasons behind taking these new measures and will get behind them to ensure we keep one another and our local community safe, in addition to contributing to getting supporters back into football grounds at every level.

#UptheYeltz

Karen Brookes, Chairman

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 27 Sep 2020, 14:35

I’m intrigued by the concept of the new rules not only coming in for the game against North Leigh, but also for all preceding games.

If we’ve cracked time travel then there’s a few in the crowd who we should take back 30 years to play for us.

#EveryonesACritic...

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Sep 2020, 14:45

Justifiable and good statement.

I have enjoyed the atmosphere in the Shed the last few home games, but this will almost certainly kill off that good atmosphere. But I totally understand the clubs stance on this.

I wonder what restrictions will be in place? Obviously number restrictions, but how many will be allowed in? Will you have to book a standing space?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 27 Sep 2020, 15:28

I think the rest of the ground is fine and people space out, just seems to be a bit of a problem in the Shed. Everyone seems to stand left of the goal where there is plenty of space to the right of the goal and the other side of the tunnel, but like Josh says it’s probably more of a out of habit thing and being in the moment of the game, than people deliberately being rebellious and intent of breaking social distancing measures.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Sep 2020, 15:30

Excellent Karen.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0