Re: Jack's back.

Post by old git » 10 Sep 2020, 18:46

It just keeps getting better 😀

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 10 Sep 2020, 19:25

Brilliant news ;D
Thought he was class for us last season and now for the club to have got him for the whole season is fantastic.
Think he gives us another dimension and can only see him getting better and better.
I think I'm going to enjoy this season

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 10 Sep 2020, 19:41

I thought he might be back on loan but looks like we’ve signed him, which is fantastic. He was the best player on the pitch on Tuesday. Our midfield is obscene. How many players from the last ten years would get into this team? Answers on a postcard.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 10 Sep 2020, 20:15

piearce9 wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 19:41
I thought he might be back on loan but looks like we’ve signed him, which is fantastic. He was the best player on the pitch on Tuesday. Our midfield is obscene. How many players from the last ten years would get into this team? Answers on a postcard.
Curtis Tilt at centre half, I think that would be about it.

Could you make an argument for Ben Haseley?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 10 Sep 2020, 21:20

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 20:15
piearce9 wrote:

Ah yes. I was thinking more of the midfield but I probably wasn’t very clear! I mean, even when we got promoted last time, it was Tonks, Griff, Turner, MacKenzie. All solid players but very much in the John Hill brand, and none of them would find a place in this squad.

Only top quality midfielder I can think of in recent years was that John McAtee that we had on loan for a bit. Players like Hawks and Sammo are fighting for their places in the side and yet they’d have been first name on the team sheet in previous seasons.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 10 Sep 2020, 22:11

Wow. Better and better. Quite a coup. I so hope this squad stick with us even though not many will play every game. The big picture is we could have one hell of a season again and they could all be part of it.🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐧
(Sorry, couldn't resist the penguin) ;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 10 Sep 2020, 22:16

piearce9 wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 21:20
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
piearce9 wrote:

Ah yes. I was thinking more of the midfield but I probably wasn’t very clear! I mean, even when we got promoted last time, it was Tonks, Griff, Turner, MacKenzie. All solid players but very much in the John Hill brand, and none of them would find a place in this squad.

Only top quality midfielder I can think of in recent years was that John McAtee that we had on loan for a bit. Players like Hawks and Sammo are fighting for their places in the side and yet they’d have been first name on the team sheet in previous seasons.
Hawker has to play in my opinion. Quality. Gives us so much.
From the last 10 years getting into our current midfield? None.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 10 Sep 2020, 22:24

I wasnt overly sure about Hawker when I first saw him. Then I spent a few matches watching him in particular and I was sold. Really solid midfielder.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 11 Sep 2020, 06:11

andy wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 22:16
piearce9 wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 21:20
AwayDayYeltz wrote:

Hawker has to play in my opinion. Quality. Gives us so much.
From the last 10 years getting into our current midfield? None.
Hawker would be one the first names on the team sheet for me. Excellent footballer.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz