Re: Friendlies

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Bearwood_Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Bearwood_Yeltz » 16 May 2011, 10:58

I've read it a thousand times and I'm still baffled!  ???

I'm assuming you'd miss a friendly against WBA? on the grounds that we'd just be doing it to earn some money!  ;)

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by frankowba » 16 May 2011, 12:51

I'll ask you to read my comment again,I never said it was a bad thing did I, I was just stating the truth behind the friendly and of course it's a good idea and I hope it generates alot of money for both clubs.I think you have all taken it out of hand it was just a passing comment.I think it's because it looks abut sarky typing it on a forum but if u was to say it to someone it would be taken lightly.I think we have other things to worry about than a passing comment on a forum.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 16 May 2011, 13:13

I vowed that I wouldn't get involved with this, but, if you took a little care in compiling your posts then maybe others wouldn't mis-interpret what you were trying to say!

RichardG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RichardG » 16 May 2011, 14:36

Fair enough, simple misunderstanding. No need to take it any further.

uncle jack and coke
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by uncle jack and coke » 16 May 2011, 19:04

Come on let's be fair. The real reason behind these matches is that Stourbr*dge obviously believe that the only way they will win any silverware next season is to invite a team from a lower league to play them in a tournement that they've devised!!!!
************** PUTS TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK********* :P  :P  :P  :P  :P
  (Just so there is no misunderstanding)

redstripe1876
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by redstripe1876 » 16 May 2011, 19:11

Not seen anything 'Official' from Stourbr*dge yet, re: the proposed friendlies.

On Stour forum 'The Reasonable Man' suggests this is a wind-up.

Surely if the match was a tribute to Hugh Clark, his son would know about it, and it would have been announced by Stourbr*dge first.
If the games are in the planning stage, then the forums should wait until all the arangements have been made and they are announced officially.

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 16 May 2011, 19:17

redstripe1876 wrote: Not seen anything 'Official' from Stourbr*dge yet, re: the proposed friendlies.

Surely if the match was a tribute to Hugh Clark, his son would know about it, and it would have been announced by Stourbr*dge first.
If the games are in the planning stage, then the forums should wait until all the arangements have been made and they are announced officially.
We get a new owner and Stour start having second thoughts in case were not such a pushover as they hoped!  ;)

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 16 May 2011, 19:21

redstripe1876 wrote: Not seen anything 'Official' from Stourbr*dge yet, re: the proposed friendlies.

The opening message of this thread is from our football match secretary, which would seem to be adequate confirmation.
“Would you like to bet against us?”

doris
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by doris » 16 May 2011, 19:57

Hi folks im a stour fan who comes in peace. Firstly congrats for getting those idiots out of your club. IT was me who posted on the stour forum regarding our friendlies and can confirm thegames will be for the Hugh Clark trophy. this info comes straight from Gary Hackett so i can assure you its correct. good luck in which ever league you play in next year and hopfully you will soon be back in your rightfull place as the SECOND BEST non league team in the area.
Last edited by YeltzDoc on 16 May 2011, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 16 May 2011, 20:57

redstripe1876 wrote: On Stour forum 'The Reasonable Man' suggests this is a wind-up.

I would't read too much into my ignorance. Nobody ever tells me anything!