Re: Friendlies

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 14 May 2011, 21:02

Wheels wrote: Thank you for answering the question. LLL I'm trying very hard not to gloat!: D
yes, such deviousness.....dodgy pitches  ;)
“Would you like to bet against us?”

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by frankowba » 15 May 2011, 11:15

Just a money spinner

changesnightspot
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by changesnightspot » 15 May 2011, 14:02

frankowba wrote: Just a money spinner
Whats wrong with that ?

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 15 May 2011, 15:19

The I****ms have only been gone a week and someone is moaning already  ???, at least we have friendlies already announced which makes a refreshing change from recent history, of course we can always go back to promised friendlies with Man Yoo, WBA, Barcelona etc and end up with games against a local pub team and last minute cancellations against Bartley Green, some must have short memories.

So what if both clubs benefit from friendlies that have some sort of meaning to them, there not going to attract the same crowds as a league match but it will still be better than 55 turning up for a kick about against Cradley Town or Pilkington.

Try supporting whats happening, the only way this club will move forward is for EVERYONE to pull in the same direction.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 May 2011, 16:40

ZeeZee wrote:
The I****ms have only been gone a week and someone is moaning already  ???, at least we have friendlies already announced which makes a refreshing change from recent history, of course we can always go back to promised friendlies with Man Yoo, WBA, Barcelona etc and end up with games against a local pub team and last minute cancellations against Bartley Green, some must have short memories.

So what if both clubs benefit from friendlies that have some sort of meaning to them, there not going to attract the same crowds as a league match but it will still be better than 55 turning up for a kick about against Cradley Town or Pilkington.

Try supporting whats happening, the only way this club will move forward is for EVERYONE to pull in the same direction.
He won't listen to you, you're one of those Trust people. ;)
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 15 May 2011, 17:30

Breaking News:
Pope discovered to be a Catholic
Last edited by Noggin on 15 May 2011, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 15 May 2011, 19:12

even frankowba is scrapping the barrel now , trying to find things to moan about, so things must be very rosie at the moment !
(can`t believe these 2 teams are trying to raise money! whatever next - paying players , keeping the club going!
i bet thats all theyre using sponsors and gate takings for - money spinners !)

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by frankowba » 15 May 2011, 19:46

Ha ha you lot make me laugh it was just a honest oppinion of what the friendly is really about thats all,and ill say it again im not against the trust just didnt get some of there motives etc, but i dont want to dwell on that its a new era and i am behind the team.Ill certainly be attending the games and giving my full support to htfc. As i say i didnt mean to offend anyone just an oppinion thats all.

stourgirl90
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by stourgirl90 » 15 May 2011, 21:36

I for one think this is a great idea even if it is a 'money spinner' it's a good way for both local teams to have a good game of football with great atmosphere and yeah a chance for both clubs to gain a little cash, don't think there's any harm in that? I for one will definately be at both games!!

RichardG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RichardG » 16 May 2011, 10:06

I agree with Stourgirl90. What exactly is the problem? Unless I'm missing something that is, but I can't see what.