A squad better than last season?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
GrimReaper
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: A squad better than last season?

Post by GrimReaper » 07 Jul 2020, 11:18

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 12:16
I can see Gregory starting, given where he has singed from, but I don't know too much about him, so can't really pick him. Same with the other signings we've made in Westwood and Carter.
As a Bromsgrove supporter was sad to see Rich leave; great guy, top bloke and will easily bag 20 plus goals for you (wouldn't be surprised to see him score over 30 if I'm honest). Not a chance he's dropped down a level to sit on the bench though.

Something will have to go badly wrong for you to not win the league at a cake walk this season!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Jul 2020, 12:48

I hope you're right Mr Reaper! Seems like a real good acquisition to me. Surprised he has dropped down from an already successful side to do so mind. Good luck to yourselves in your campaign without him, whenever it may start. It's your DUTY to finish above Stour and T*mworth! ;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

GrimReaper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GrimReaper » 07 Jul 2020, 14:12

andy wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 12:48
I hope you're right Mr Reaper! Seems like a real good acquisition to me. Surprised he has dropped down from an already successful side to do so mind. Good luck to yourselves in your campaign without him, whenever it may start. It's your DUTY to finish above Stour and T*mworth! ;D
I think everyone was, especially as he was also the club captain. Brendan's tweet implied certain things but he left with the best of wishes from everyone and you won't find an ill word from anyone at Bromsgrove about the guy. Maybe Bren was looking at changing things up this season? What I will say about Bren though when it's come to his decision making on players (and especially moving certain long standing players on) I think he's been spot on every time with the exception of his handling of Jono Brown.

Cheers, we're very happy to have got Nathan Hayward back from Stourbr*dge and also to have plucked Josh Ezewele from them too.