HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: New season ?

Post by HalesowenHarry » 18 Jul 2020, 13:48

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Jul 2020, 14:52

Is the phrase, “National League System” a new thing?
Does it mean the non-league pyramid?

Anyhoo, in a sub-document, it gives us a starting date of Sep 19.

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE FOOTBALL
The FA strongly recommend a phased return to competitive football, with no fixtures taking place before the end of July. During this time competitive training can occur, with groups limited to 30 people including coaches. Competitive matches, including pre-season friendlies, can begin from Saturday, August 1st.
The FA and the Leagues are aiming for a September start
of competitive matches in the NLS; however, this is subject to change in accordance with Government guidance and approval for paying spectators, which may be published from time to time. NLS (or relevant FA Competition) fixtures are proposed to commence on:
• Step 1 & 2: No earlier than Saturday, 5th September 2020
Steps 3 & 4: Saturday, 19th September 2020
• Steps 5 & 6: From Saturday 5th September 2020
Clubs must complete their Action Plans for all aspects of this document as soon as possible to ensure that Leagues are able to start against these timetables.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Jul 2020, 16:07

E0CD69B5-ED0E-4607-9EF4-B58352B00999.png
And cup dates as a follow-up.

Could we be playing in the qualifying rounds of the trophy before we’ve played the semi?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 18 Jul 2020, 16:22

Let’s temper this a little bit folks....(from the linked document)

VI. SPECTATORS / GATHERINGS
Current Government guidance: Gatherings of more
than 30 people are not permitted while social distancing. Therefore, clubs are unable to have gatherings or spectators of any size at this time for any matches or training.
We are currently working with DCMS and other key stakeholders to understand the timescale for the return
to spectators at sporting events. Initial discussions have identified that it will be difficult to return to competitive matches without the ability to welcome some form of spectators to matches. There is no current available or formal guidance. The following guidance is designed to provide clubs with suggested considerations to prepare for spectators based on social distancing. We strongly urge clubs to give this some thought now in order to move forward when guidance becomes available:
Considerations for clubs: If social-distancing measures
are relaxed in future to permit spectators, Clubs will need
to consider the management of any spectators within the applicable social distancing guidelines. As with Section B & C clubs are advised to consider their own Risk Assessment and Action Plan. If spectators were to be allowed at, for example,
a reduced capacity, Clubs should consider how they could manage this effectively such as introducing advance purchase ticket schemes, allowing clubs to manage walk ups.
Clubs may need to consider markings for queues with tape on the floor at 2m where possible, but a minimum of 1m if not (i.e. at turnstiles and takeaway food areas), markings for spectator standing, reducing the availability of seats within covered accommodation, management of toilets, hygiene protocols (more hand sanitisers in toilets, entrances and exits to spaces), extensive signage, crowd management processes, i.e. barriers at pinch point/one way flow.
Each ground will be unique and will require their own individual Risk Assessment and Action Plans.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 19 Jul 2020, 09:11

Noggin wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 16:22

than 30 people are not permitted while social distancing. /quote]

Blimey, this is going to be a bit grim :(

When was the last time we had a crowd of less than thirty? Chas?

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 19 Jul 2020, 10:24

I believe the The league start dates are ‘conditional’ on the DCMS & the Sports Grounds Safety Authority approving plans for fans to return to grounds
The FA has submitted a separate proposal to the DCMS for the return of non-league fans.

It hasn’t yet been approved.

As things stand pre season friendlies would be played behind close doors

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Jul 2020, 12:29

This 'crowds' idea is utter madness to me. Every day a quarter of a million people (that we know of) are contracting a virus that has killed 600,000 people. A virus that we are barely keeping under control here as it is.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 20 Jul 2020, 21:07

andy wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 12:29
This 'crowds' idea is utter madness to me. Every day a quarter of a million people (that we know of) are contracting a virus that has killed 600,000 people. A virus that we are barely keeping under control here as it is.
Understand what you say Andy but I'm sure about 500 people at the Grove will be far more spacial aware than the 1000's currently going to Merry Hill, touching everything and continually passing each other.
My daughter works there at weekends and she said she must have told people about 50 times to keep back and stand away from her.
There is plenty of room on all 4 sides of the ground for people to stay a good couple of metres apart.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Jul 2020, 22:23

I understand that Rich, but it's not just going to be our ground. It will be introduced at clubs getting many times our attendance and even at the Grove I can't see people standing apart anyway. Maybe matches will become all ticket with each ground setting a limit they can accommodate safely.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 21 Jul 2020, 00:00

Westyeltz wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 09:11
Noggin wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 16:22

than 30 people are not permitted
while social distancing. /quote]

Blimey, this is going to be a bit grim :(

When was the last time we had a crowd of less than thirty? Chas?
Welwyn Garden shower of err.....City will be ok then.