New season ?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

New season ?

Post by old git » 16 Jun 2020, 19:07

Any guesses ?
Heard September mentioned, but interestingly just read cinemas opening July 10th with 50% capacity, so if that is indoor surely outdoor should be OK

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: New season ?

Post by piearce9 » 16 Jun 2020, 22:02

The kind of subject I like to see!

Fair to say that we’re definitely on a delayed start to the new season, but I’m starting to feel that we might be back slightly sooner than I’d previously expected. Perhaps Sept or October for the league to resume? Fingers crossed for that.

DanHTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanHTFC » 17 Jun 2020, 02:26

I imagine when Halesowen finally get underway with games in which fans are allowed back, they will have a limit on people allowed in to watch, but guess we’ll see how the country copes with the majority of retail stores open as a sign as to how under control we have this virus (or not under control!)

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 17 Jun 2020, 09:35

if retail is permitted and the 2m threshold supposedly being reduced to 1m in the near future then football becomes closer. I guess for us in B63 it would probably mean the the Shed would need to remain closed (or through traffic only to gain access to the other parts of the ground) and that bar/catering facilities would need to be outdoors.

However are still major questions in my mind. Will people want to attend, especially given the age profile of our regulars?* What about player/staff welfare?

* no offence meant, I am fairly close to reduced admission prices myself :-)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Jun 2020, 13:32

All very valid points noggin. Even though I have been at work throughout this palaver I will still be dubious about attending any social/entertainment scenarios. Only the coming weeks will show what the 'true' extent of transmission may be like with many restrictions being lessened or removed. If it is deemed to go 'well' with only thousands of people a week catching it I sure it will all be resumed. And there will be a lot of takers judging by the amount of lunatics queueing for the reopening of shops, cramming on beaches, marches etc. :-\
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Jun 2020, 16:56

https://www.swpleague.co.uk/wp-content/ ... STEP-5.pdf

Non-league oracle Ollie Bayliss (follow him on twitter if you don’t already) shared the above link which explains the thinking for getting Step 5 and 6 going again.

Some key bits for us:
- Mentions that it is “the ambition” to complete last season’s Vase but sounds like there are a few logistical challenges. (Would assume same logic applies for the Trophy).
- All steps of non-league are to start at the same time and can only resume with crowds.
- Various scenarios listed, with a Sept start currently being the most likely option as things stand. If this happens, then it’s likely we’ll do away with league and county cups.
- Anything later than October would mean a shortened season.
- AGM Cup doesn’t seem like it’s happening - NO promotions to take place in this way and leagues will run short if they lose teams to administration/voluntary relegation.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Jun 2020, 18:07

Also they will award the leagues should there be another curtailment. So why not this year!!!???
Tossers.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 19 Jun 2020, 21:30

Would have expected to see some statement regarding abolition of playoffs if season truncated early, to avoid club challenges at that time.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 19 Jun 2020, 22:23

piearce9 wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 16:56
https://www.swpleague.co.uk/wp-content/ ... STEP-5.pdf

Non-league oracle Ollie Bayliss (follow him on twitter if you don’t already) shared the above link which explains the thinking for getting Step 5 and 6 going again.

Some key bits for us:
- Mentions that it is “the ambition” to complete last season’s Vase but sounds like there are a few logistical challenges. (Would assume same logic applies for the Trophy).
- All steps of non-league are to start at the same time and can only resume with crowds.
- Various scenarios listed, with a Sept start currently being the most likely option as things stand. If this happens, then it’s likely we’ll do away with league and county cups.
- Anything later than October would mean a shortened season.
- AGM Cup doesn’t seem like it’s happening - NO promotions to take place in this way and leagues will run short if they lose teams to administration/voluntary relegation.
Thanks for posting the link; interesting read.

I read the reference to the FA Vase as next season's competition, rather than trying to finish this season's. It looks possible that next season there may be no FA Trophy at all.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 20 Jun 2020, 08:38

Ah yes, I think your intepretation of that may be right.