Do I remember this right?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 11 May 2020, 23:30

Anyone that has spent any time listening to the excellent ‘Quickly Kevin...’ podcast will be aware that they have run a segment called ‘Do I remember this right?’ featuring examples such as the time Mark Hughes scores at the Dell (a volley, obviously) and no one noticed.

Now for a Yeltz version that someone may be able to help me with... I distinctly remember that Evran Wright spent some time at her majesty’s pleasure around 1997, and I have recollections this was for selling weed. I’m fairly sure that is correct; it’s the next bit where my memory may be playing tricks on me. Did he really use a defence that he was just getting it for his mates and it was ok because it was weed not resin?! Also did he come out of prison and we instantly resigned him and put him back in the side?

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Do I remember this right?

Post by Westyeltz » 12 May 2020, 08:24

fairweatherfan wrote:
11 May 2020, 23:30
Anyone that has spent any time listening to the excellent ‘Quickly Kevin...’ podcast will be aware that they have run a segment called ‘Do I remember this right?’ featuring examples such as the time Mark Hughes scores at the Dell (a volley, obviously) and no one noticed.

Now for a Yeltz version that someone may be able to help me with... I distinctly remember that Evran Wright spent some time at her majesty’s pleasure around 1997, and I have recollections this was for selling weed. I’m fairly sure that is correct; it’s the next bit where my memory may be playing tricks on me. Did he really use a defence that he was just getting it for his mates and it was ok because it was weed not resin?! Also did he come out of prison and we instantly resigned him and put him back in the side?

I'm not sure about that FWF, I heard that he wasn't actually prosecuted for possession of the illegal substance but he was sent down for having no MoT on the wheelbarrow he was pushing it all around in ;)

Recycled joke, borrowed from YD, but I liked it ;D

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 12 May 2020, 08:34

fairweatherfan wrote:
11 May 2020, 23:30
Also did he come out of prison and we instantly resigned him and put him back in the side?

“Evran’s got his tag on. Hip hip hip hooray!
Evran’s got his tag on and he’s coming out to play.”

I think you’re remembering it right :)

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 May 2020, 15:43

We play in blue.

Have I remembered this right?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 12 May 2020, 17:16

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
12 May 2020, 15:43
We play in blue.

Have I remembered this right?
;D ;D ;D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 12 May 2020, 17:53

Yes on all counts. Especially my recycled joke.

Evran left us and came back 3 or 4 times (if I remember it right) but only one was because of his horticultural exploits.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 May 2020, 21:19

Certainly a 'character', what a fun time he gave us all though! Including the wearing of several different types of mops and the like, to pay homage to our hero.
Beer eh..... ::)
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 May 2020, 00:10

Cheers all. Nice to know I’m not going mad!