andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: League null and void

Post by andy » 27 Mar 2020, 16:20

Poll wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 14:44
andy wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 08:11
The REALLY BIG QUESTION now though Is this. Will Poll decide to null and void Fantasy Island? Big Rich would be most upset. As I am in my customary second place at the moment (I'll never win this damn thing >:( ) I will be seriously looking to put in a legal challenge as I had some ace card predictions to play.
Halesowen 0-1 Wantage could have won it for me. ;D
There is a conference call tomorrow with the FA to decide the fate of this year's Fantasy Island title.

I'm thinking that PPG might be the fairest way, as I forgot to make predictions for a couple of games so it gets me back in with a chance :)

Or maybe the Pools Panel?
PPG out of the question. The FA said so. ::)
Pools panel. Ooh, who would do it though with impartiality?
Ah, stuff it. Award it to Big Rich. He deserves it. 🏆👏
There's always next year for me to come second again....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Mar 2020, 16:27

Breaking news
The FA/Southern League/Other assortment of useless idiots, after much deliberation have come up with a fair way of concluding the league.
Rock, paper, scissors......
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Magnus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Magnus » 27 Mar 2020, 18:00

Whatever is happening in the world at large it's good to see that the Yeltz fans don't lose their sense of humour - and the absurd. So if we're putting in a claim to the FA (South Shields style) don't forget my halftime coffee at Coleshill.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 27 Mar 2020, 19:56

Latest on BBC Sport Website

A growing number of non-league clubs are prepared to lobby the Football Association after the decision to cancel the season for steps three to seven in the pyramid.

On Thursday, the FA said all results will be expunged with no promotion and relegation.

But within the space of 12 hours of that decision, over 30 clubs from all areas of the country had voiced their concerns and are willing to challenge the FA.

Thursday's decision is yet to be ratified by the FA council, who are due to meet next week via a video conference.
If the council gives its approval, it would mean no resumption to the season below National League North and South level.

In a post on social media, the FA said: "The decision taken to end the 2019/20 season across Steps 3-7 of the National League System, the women's football pyramid and the wider grassroots game was made by committee representatives for the respective leagues, and was supported by The FA Board and The FA Women's Board.

"It will now go to The FA Council for ratification. We fully support the decision they came to during these challenging and unprecedented circumstances for English football."

Some men's teams, such as Jersey Bulls and Vauxhall Motors, had already secured promotion to step five from their respective leagues, but their achievements are likely to be cancelled.

Bulls boss Gary Freeman, whose side had won all 27 of their matches in the Combined Counties Football League Division One and were 20 points clear at the top, said he understood the FA's decision but it was "disappointing not be be rewarded".

However, he has not given up hope of seeing his side play at a higher level next season if the club can negotiate with the league to be "placed" in a different division "if appropriate".

"We are looking at different avenues to see if there is anything we can do," he told BBC Radio Jersey.

"We are feeling a little hard done by, but the FA - to be fair to them - had a tough decision to make as they were looking after the whole nation.

"They needed some sort of consistency through the leagues, so if they did allow promotion for one they would open a can of worms.

"The players are aware that we are too strong for this league and it will be a tough challenge to get going again, but if that is what we have to do, then we will knuckle down in the summer ready to go."

El Seano
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by El Seano » 27 Mar 2020, 20:44

From Club website:
HALESOWEN TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB would like to make the following statement:

You will all be aware of the decision of the FA to expunge the season for all Step 3 - Step 6 leagues and the implications for our football club.

To say the Club is disappointed by this decision would, as you can imagine, be a gross understatement, given all of our hard work both on and off the pitch this season.

We received no pre-warning of the FA announcement, neither were we consulted by either our league or the FA before they reached their decision and then broadcast to the world.

So that you are aware we will be, in the strongest possible terms, making representations to both our league and the FA.

As for the FA Trophy semi-final we have had no further news on what’s happening, but believe that the FA still hope to complete the FA Trophy competition.

As soon as we have any news on either front we will share it with you.

To all our fans, sponsors and our local community we wish you and your families well in these difficult times. Be safe.

Karen Brookes & Keith McKenna

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 28 Mar 2020, 19:31

I had a feeling this would happen tbh. I suspect the trophy matches will be played out over summer, if this thing goes by then. Out of curiousity, does anyone know if this has been done before ie either of the World Wars?
It is gutting but the club goes on and we have some fantastic memories. Just need to makebit happen next season. Two years ago we'd have been having a party at this news!!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 28 Mar 2020, 20:15

Interesting article in today's Guardian about the club's unfortunate situation. No paywall here, so you should be able to read it in full.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... y-in-sight

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 28 Mar 2020, 20:16

juanillo wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 20:15
Interesting article in today's Guardian about the club's unfortunate situation. No paywall here, so you should be able to read it in full.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... y-in-sight
Sorry I didn't know this was already on The Dutch Ref thread...

Dutchreferee
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dutchreferee » 28 Mar 2020, 21:04

Sorry I didn't know this was already on The Dutch Ref thread...
No need to be sorry for that ;D

DanHTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanHTFC » 09 Apr 2020, 17:57

The FA has just confirmed their decision stands. Absolute joke!