25 Feb 2020, 18:09
Text 'em instead!😁
Don't be saft.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Didcot

Post by KenR » 25 Feb 2020, 18:33

I think it would have helped tremendously had Halesowen Twitter have stated at what time the pitch inspection was going to take place.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 25 Feb 2020, 18:42

KenR wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 18:33
I think it would have helped tremendously had Halesowen Twitter have stated at what time the pitch inspection was going to take place.
Agree. I had a colleague form work coming up to this game and he was already en route from near Stratford. I know that's just one person, but given the weather outlook it would've been better to let people know.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 25 Feb 2020, 21:27

KenR wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 18:33
Hi Ken, quite happy to update you on this one, when it was decided the club needed a pitch inspection it was announced on social media, at that time we couldn't give an exact time as we were trying to contact a local official, like the players at this level the officials all have day jobs too.

The earliest we could get a referee was 6pm, as soon as we knew this we posted on social media the time of the inspection.

Not an ideal situation when a pitch is perfectly playable at 4pm.

I hope that clears up any uncertainty.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Feb 2020, 21:37

How did fans know of postponements back in days of old (before social media). I'm guessing you literally turned up and were told at the turnstiles?

In fact, I'm certain this happened at a number 9 derby. I'm sure we turned up at the cricket pitch, and were told the game is now at the Grove, as the cricket team had a match, and the pitch had been double booked.

Or is my mind playing tricks?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Feb 2020, 22:11

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 21:37
How did fans know of postponements back in days of old (before social media). I'm guessing you literally turned up and were told at the turnstiles?

Back in ye olde times the stagecoach driver would send a runner ahead to receive an official statement on a papyrus. He would pass this on to the Towne Cryer to announce from atop the Church wall to the gathered throng. A young scamp would then be paid sixpence to relay that message back to those of us further afield saving us the tuppence fare and the driver from unnecessarily tiring his horses.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 25 Feb 2020, 22:47

andy wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 22:11
AwayDayYeltz wrote:

Back in ye olde times the stagecoach driver would send a runner ahead to receive an official statement on a papyrus. He would pass this on to the Towne Cryer to announce from atop the Church wall to the gathered throng. A young scamp would then be paid sixpence to relay that message back to those of us further afield saving us the tuppence fare and the driver from unnecessarily tiring his horses.
Now you're just being silly. I've had enough of that for one day. At least I got a decent meal at our Mothers before coming back home.
I'm orft to bed. Goodnight.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Feb 2020, 10:44

andy wrote:
AwayDayYeltz wrote:

I've absolutely no idea how to react to his. Excellent!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Feb 2020, 13:05

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 10:44
andy wrote:
AwayDayYeltz wrote:

I've absolutely no idea how to react to his. Excellent!
;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0