Barnet

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: Barnet

Post by HalesowenHarry » 28 Feb 2020, 11:18

This is what they've just put on their official site. Not a lot more they can do imho

"Following on from the Chairman’s statement regarding The Hive London pitch, we’d like to provide the following update ahead of this weekend’s fixture with Halesowen Town.

Yesterday afternoon, the pitch was deemed firm enough for us to put our machinery onto and the grounds staff worked late into the night to aerate the entire surface.

As forecasted, it is currently raining and the pitch is draining well with no standing water evident.

This points to the level of the water table being lower and as it stands, our efforts on the pitch have worked as hoped.

We are of course keeping a constant eye on the pitch and the weather with the only real question mark being the volume of rainfall over the next 24 hours.

The referee will inspect the pitch upon his arrival at approximately 12 pm as per the standard procedure."

Islasgrandad
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Islasgrandad » 28 Feb 2020, 11:38

HalesowenHarry wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 11:13
http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=60

In case you struggle to keep upto date with all things Barnet. This is a great forum of mainly moaning. Except by a couple of chaps I may know ;D
You need to know the recent history of Barnet FC to understand the moaning. There's far too much knife in the guts stuff to mention here on your Forum, but, safe to say, we Bees fans have suffered A LOT.
It's not been all bad, we have had three promotions into the Football League, but, there again, we've had three relegations out of the Football League. The big negative for many Barnet die-hards was the move out of the town of Barnet to The Hive which is in Edgware. Many Bees fans stopped watching "home" games at that point. The Hive is a great facility as you will see (hopefully) tomorrow but it is not in Barnet!!
Anyway, getting back to our Forum, it's not ALL moaning, there's a fair bit of humour and a lot of football/non-football knowledge. I have enjoyed reading the comments from Andy and Rob (I feel like I know them) and I have also enjoyed reading YOUR Forum, which, for a Club at your level of football, has got to be one of the best around.
Here's hoping tomorrow's game is on. Have a safe journey down and a safe journey back. One team will get through to the semi final, but, regardless of which team progresses, let's hope that football is the winner.
All the best Yeltz fans from a Bee.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Feb 2020, 11:42

Islasgrandad wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 11:38
HalesowenHarry wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 11:13
http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=60

In case you struggle to keep upto date with all things Barnet. This is a great forum of mainly moaning. Except by a couple of chaps I may know ;D
You need to know the recent history of Barnet FC to understand the moaning. There's far too much knife in the guts stuff to mention here on your Forum, but, safe to say, we Bees fans have suffered A LOT.
It's not been all bad, we have had three promotions into the Football League, but, there again, we've had three relegations out of the Football League. The big negative for many Barnet die-hards was the move out of the town of Barnet to The Hive which is in Edgware. Many Bees fans stopped watching "home" games at that point. The Hive is a great facility as you will see (hopefully) tomorrow but it is not in Barnet!!
Anyway, getting back to our Forum, it's not ALL moaning, there's a fair bit of humour and a lot of football/non-football knowledge. I have enjoyed reading the comments from Andy and Rob (I feel like I know them) and I have also enjoyed reading YOUR Forum, which, for a Club at your level of football, has got to be one of the best around.
Here's hoping tomorrow's game is on. Have a safe journey down and a safe journey back. One team will get through to the semi final, but, regardless of which team progresses, let's hope that football is the winner.
All the best Yeltz fans from a Bee.
A very classy post. All the best!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Feb 2020, 11:46

Great post. I don't get the impression your fans are moaning unnecessarily at all. Fans, the lifeblood of any club, will take only so much. The humour on your site, like on here, seems great. It's the way it should be, but folk will only take so much before it takes on a darker side. Hope we all meet up tomorrow, if not Tuesday or seven weeks Wednesday or.......
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Feb 2020, 11:56

Maybe a cynical thought here, but I hope Barnet aren't holding off a decision, until we're there, so they'll at least get the benefit of a number of us spending money in their bar?

8 coach loads of us lot, with the majority planning to head into the bar on the ground, will be a nice cash boost for them, I would guess.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 28 Feb 2020, 11:57

The way I judge this is that Barnet management do not want to go out of their way to make an early decision in the interests of all. Waiting until the match referee turns up at 1200 is a lazy decision in my opinion (unless the competition rules state that only the match referee can order postponement in which case matter are different)

In an ideal world, we could have a preliminary inspection by a local graded referee this evening or at the latest 0900 tomorrow. A decision any later than 0900 and supporter costs will have been incurred and time wasted.

Expecting a wasted journey tomorrow

Dutchreferee
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dutchreferee » 28 Feb 2020, 11:59

Too bad I can't make it to come to the FA Game v Barnett. But Just a question : Suppose the Yeltz will make it to the final game on Wembley. On waht date is the final ?

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 28 Feb 2020, 12:01

Semi final first leg Sat 21 March, Second leg Sat 28 March
Final Sun 17 May

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Feb 2020, 12:24

Noggin wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 11:57
The way I judge this is that Barnet management do not want to go out of their way to make an early decision in the interests of all. Waiting until the match referee turns up at 1200 is a lazy decision in my opinion (unless the competition rules state that only the match referee can order postponement in which case matter are different)

In an ideal world, we could have a preliminary inspection by a local graded referee this evening or at the latest 0900 tomorrow. A decision any later than 0900 and supporter costs will have been incurred and time wasted.

Have to agree with that. 9 o,clock, perfect time. If it's off its off.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 28 Feb 2020, 17:00

andy wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 12:24
Noggin wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 11:57

Have to agree with that. 9 o,clock, perfect time. If it's off its off.
9 'clock? I'll have been in that London for half an hour by then no doubt waiting for my Spoons breakfast with the early doors shoe-shouters ;)