drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barnet

Post by drummyb » 18 Feb 2020, 17:51

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 10:47
Westyeltz wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 08:04
Bl##y hell, ADY, you're making things complicated now.
Thinks I'll give it a go though ::)
Wait 'til you discover you can get 'adult movies' on your phone.

Next time one of the old fellas on here turns up to the Grove with a bigger and more modern smartphone, ask yourself why!
Can you still buy mags from the top shelf?A friend wants to know.
Well I bought online. I wasnt going to but I figured queueing would be a huge pain in the arris.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 18 Feb 2020, 18:07

What? You bought mags from the top shelf on line? ???

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 Feb 2020, 18:15

drummyb wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 17:51
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
Westyeltz wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 08:04
Bl##y hell, ADY, you're making things complicated now.
Thinks I'll give it a go though ::)

Next time one of the old fellas on here turns up to the Grove with a bigger and more modern smartphone, ask yourself why!
Well I bought online. I wasnt going to but I figured queueing would be a huge pain in the arris.
There used to be queues for adult magazines?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Feb 2020, 18:37

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 18:15
drummyb wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 17:51
AwayDayYeltz wrote:

There used to be queues for adult magazines?
Only when they did the bogof offer. The pavements were well sticky 😀

Cornwall yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Cornwall yeltz » 18 Feb 2020, 21:44

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51536787

Barnet game abandoned at half time due to rain

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Feb 2020, 08:01

Barnet are taking heavy criticism on twitter for the abandonment at half time last night. The pitch looks dreadful, although it must have been OK enough at kick off. One to keep an eye on. They do have a game next Tuesday as well.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 Feb 2020, 10:05

piearce9 wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 08:01
Barnet are taking heavy criticism on twitter for the abandonment at half time last night. The pitch looks dreadful, although it must have been OK enough at kick off. One to keep an eye on. They do have a game next Tuesday as well.
Christ, they're really not happy.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Islasgrandad
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Islasgrandad » 19 Feb 2020, 10:23

Hi Yeltz fans, Bees fan here.
Yes, we have serious problems with our pitch, it seems the soil has compacted and the drainage has been affected.
We now have a backlog of fixtures.
Barnet FC is not the only team who play at The Hive. Tottenham Hotspur Women and London Bees also have their home matches at The Hive. London Bees are due to play Durham Women on Sunday and we have a NL fixture due to be played next Tuesday. If both games go ahead (unlikely) and the bad whether persists (likely) our FA Trophy game on 29th February could be in jeopardy.
As you will find out when you do come to The Hive the facilities are pretty good. Consequently we are often asked to host other matches as well. For instance in March we host the Oxford V Cambridge Varsity match and there is also a Ghana club match (?) due to be played. Many international teams have trained at The Hive prior to playing at Wembley. In previous seasons all of this extra pitch usage has never been a problem, but this season it has all come to the fore. Very embarrassing to us fans of Barnet and a big headache for our Chairman and his Manager.
Anyway, fingers crossed and let us all put our hands together and pray for some sunshine. Should the fixture be postponed to a midweek day the glamour of the tie will be somewhat lost.
I hope the fixture can take place on 29th and you guys have a great time down here and may the best team win. Last season we took around 1000 fans up to Sheffield United for an FA Cup 3rd round match. We all went up there fully expecting a thrashing but just wanting a great day out. We won the match 1 0, had an amazing time and went on to have two games against Brentford in the 4th round. Is Barnet your Sheffield? All will be revealed on the 29th (hopefully).

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Feb 2020, 13:07

Islasgrandad wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 10:23
Hi Yeltz fans, Bees fan here.
Yes, we have serious problems with our pitch, it seems the soil has compacted and the drainage has been affected.
We now have a backlog of fixtures.
Barnet FC is not the only team who play at The Hive. Tottenham Hotspur Women and London Bees also have their home matches at The Hive. London Bees are due to play Durham Women on Sunday and we have a NL fixture due to be played next Tuesday. If both games go ahead (unlikely) and the bad whether persists (likely) our FA Trophy game on 29th February could be in jeopardy.
As you will find out when you do come to The Hive the facilities are pretty good. Consequently we are often asked to host other matches as well. For instance in March we host the Oxford V Cambridge Varsity match and there is also a Ghana club match (?) due to be played. Many international teams have trained at The Hive prior to playing at Wembley. In previous seasons all of this extra pitch usage has never been a problem, but this season it has all come to the fore. Very embarrassing to us fans of Barnet and a big headache for our Chairman and his Manager.
Anyway, fingers crossed and let us all put our hands together and pray for some sunshine. Should the fixture be postponed to a midweek day the glamour of the tie will be somewhat lost.
I hope the fixture can take place on 29th and you guys have a great time down here and may the best team win. Last season we took around 1000 fans up to Sheffield United for an FA Cup 3rd round match. We all went up there fully expecting a thrashing but just wanting a great day out. We won the match 1 0, had an amazing time and went on to have two games against Brentford in the 4th round. Is Barnet your Sheffield? All will be revealed on the 29th (hopefully).
Welcome
It really would be a shame if it doesn't go ahead on the Saturday as I doubt as many would travel. The fans on your social media sites are really pointing the finger at the chairman for all of this. I guess the weather will be what it will be but surely having so many teams playing on it must be questioned. That's a lot of compaction and little respite for the surface. Extra revenue is obviously welcome but then alienating the club's own fans with multiple (I believe 6 now) postponements is folly. Best of luck getting it sorted. Especially for a week Saturday!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 19 Feb 2020, 14:55

As of 14.53 on 19/02/2020, if you look at the 3 blocks on offer to Yeltz fans for Barnet tickets online, there are 15 tickets sold in Block A, 75 sold in Block B and 227 sold in Block C (assumption being they were all available to buy from the outset). So with 10 days to go we've sold 317, very impressive!!!