Just Wow

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Rusty
Yeltz Forum Member

Just Wow

Post by Rusty » 21 Aug 2019, 07:50

Hi everybody

This is my first post since I suggested in a topic that Paul Smith would be a good shout (and nobody replied) as manager and after last night's game I have never felt so right.

The first 20 minutes was the best I have ever seen Halesowen play and I have been coming a very long time.

I had been watching another side having become disinterested with the dross the last few seasons had served up. I went last night to see what had changed and o my God I am certainly coming back.

From those dangerous through balls on the wings that created chance after chance to the solid defending at the back I feel my love for the yeltz is truly back.

Even off the pitch things looked great, the toilets, the sponsors area everything looked so much better.

Thanks for such a great night Halesowen I will be seeing you again very soon

Thanks

Rusty

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Just Wow

Post by piearce9 » 21 Aug 2019, 13:24

Top man, Rusty.

We're only two games in but it's been entirely positive so far - Paul Smith has done an amazing job to assemble and unite this squad in such a short period of time. There are lots of old faces coming back to The Grove having heard about the quality of football being offered up, and we all hope that the support continues to gradually grow this season.

The Grove is a wonderful ground to watch football and a big thanks to those who've done work over the summer to improve the facilities again. The pitch is immaculate, and the lights in The Shed have made a nice improvement too.

Be great to keep this momentum with another good result on Saturday!