Starting 11

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Starting 11

Post by andy » 11 Aug 2019, 18:55

So, Yaxley on Saturday. I'm sure Mr Smith will know his team, not sure I do yet. Bunn and Catlow both look competent, but Bunn looks slightly more confident. So, Bunn in goal. Ashmore, if fit is a shoe in. McCone will start. With Parsons. Front 3? Will be Gibson, Yates and probably Molineux. Probably Bowen at left back. Midfield even more guesswork. Hawker, + Hewitt and Bunn?
I probably haven't even got the formation right. ;D
But
Bunn
Ashmore
Bowen
Hawker
McCone
Parsons
Yates
Bunn
Gibson
Molineux
Hewitt

Anybody think different?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Starting 11

Post by piearce9 » 11 Aug 2019, 19:49

Not been to as many friendly games as I would have liked, for various reasons, but am looking forward to a Yaxley away day next week.

On the lineup, I was gonna say midfield picks itself but you’ve left out Sammons from yours, so maybe not!

I would also make a case for Rob Evans at the back. Jury is still out on McCone for me, but time will tell.

I expect Ethan Jones to start up top with Montel next week too.

Spoilt for choice really. Won’t just be a strong 11 but a strong 16 with options off the bench. Getting a settled squad early and a variety of friendlies means we are well set.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Aug 2019, 22:17

piearce9 wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 19:49
Not been to as many friendly games as I would have liked, for various reasons, but am looking forward to a Yaxley away day next week.

On the lineup, I was gonna say midfield picks itself but you’ve left out Sammons from yours, so maybe not!

I would also make a case for Rob Evans at the back. Jury is still out on McCone for me, but time will tell.

I expect Ethan Jones to start up top with Montel next week too.

Spoilt for choice really. Won’t just be a strong 11 but a strong 16 with options off the bench. Getting a settled squad early and a variety of friendlies means we are well set.
I think you're right, Sammons should be in there, somewhere. Jones I just am not yet sure about.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Aug 2019, 08:40

It's a difficult question - in a positive way.

From the friendlies I've seen, I'd personally go with;

GK - Bunn

LB - Bowen
CB - Parsons
CB - McCone
RB - Ashmore

LM - Yates
CM- Rob Evans
CM - Hawker
RM - Robbie Bunn

ST - Montel Gibson
ST - Lucas

I know I've left some good players out, mainly because I haven’t seen enough of them to judge them correctly. I also know pushing Rob Evans into midfield may be controversial, but he seems too talented with the ball to play as a centre back, especially when we have two solid options for that position. I think you'll see McCone given the club captaincy, so I find it difficult to see him not figure regularly.

I think we can all agree that Ashmore, Bowen, Parsons, Yates and Montel are pretty much guaranteed a place in the starting XI, but every other position is up for grabs depending on what formation Paul Smith goes with.

I think Smith will end up going with Catlow in goal, but from what I've seen Bunn just gives me more confidence. Although, there really isn't much between the two.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 12 Aug 2019, 12:36

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 08:40

GK - Bunn

LB - Bowen
CB - Parsons
CB - McCone
RB - Ashmore

LM - Yates
CM- Rob Evans
CM - Hawker
RM - Robbie Bunn

ST - Montel Gibson
ST - Lucas

I know I've left some good players out, mainly because I haven’t seen enough of them to judge them correctly. I also know pushing Rob Evans into midfield may be controversial, but he seems too talented with the ball to play as a centre back, especially when we have two solid options for that position. I think you'll see McCone given the club captaincy, so I find it difficult to see him not figure regularly.

I think we can all agree that Ashmore, Bowen, Parsons, Yates and Montel are pretty much guaranteed a place in the starting XI, but every other position is up for grabs depending on what formation Paul Smith goes with.

I think Smith will end up going with Catlow in goal, but from what I've seen Bunn just gives me more confidence. Although, there really isn't much between the two.
isn't it great to be able to have a debate on which of the 18 quality players should start. This time last year apart from Platty and Asa I hadn't a clue who was signed, let alone how good/bad they were. Whilst there is obviously quality in the squad, I still feel that Paul's greatest achievement to date is getting them together so early and not to be still unsure about half a dozen trialists. Also a shout out the Karen and Keith who have made it all possible.

Solly39
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Solly39 » 12 Aug 2019, 12:52

My starting X1 v Yaxley next Saturday.

GK: Bunn

RB Ashmore
LB Bowen
CH Evans
CH McCone

Mid Sammons
Mid Hawker
Mid Hewitt
Mid Yates

Fwd Molyneaux
Fwd Gibson

Tough call really with soooo much quality to select from. Parsons, Bunn, Jones, Wright and Marselia on bench.

Match Prediction - Yaxley Town 0 Yeltz 4

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Aug 2019, 15:55

old git wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 12:36
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 08:40

GK - Bunn

LB - Bowen
CB - Parsons
CB - McCone
RB - Ashmore

LM - Yates
CM- Rob Evans
CM - Hawker
RM - Robbie Bunn

ST - Montel Gibson
ST - Lucas

isn't it great to be able to have a debate on which of the 18 quality players should start. This time last year apart from Platty and Asa I hadn't a clue who was signed, let alone how good/bad they were. Whilst there is obviously quality in the squad, I still feel that Paul's greatest achievement to date is getting them together so early and not to be still unsure about half a dozen trialists. Also a shout out the Karen and Keith who have made it all possible.
All so very true.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 17 Aug 2019, 09:38

Rob Evans looks to be on holiday according to his Twitter so he won’t be there today. I do like the idea of him in centre midfield too as feel he has more to offer than just a defender.

Anyway not saying this would be my ideal choice but this is my guess as to what the team will be:

1.Catlow
2. Ashmore
3. Bowen
4. Sammons
5. McCone
6. Parsons
7. R. Bunn
8. Yates
9. Jones
10. Gibson
11. Hawker

Personally I’d probably play Bunn over Catlow in goals but seems Catlow has played more in pre season so think h”” get the nod and also I’d rather have either Lucas or Molyneux up top with Montel Gibson but got a feeling he will go with Ethan Jones.

Anyway absolutely buzzing for the season to start and can’t wait till Tuesday night to see them in action!

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 17 Aug 2019, 12:06

dalevillain wrote:
17 Aug 2019, 09:38
Rob Evans looks to be on holiday according to his Twitter so he won’t be there today. I do like the idea of him in centre midfield too as feel he has more to offer than just a defender.

Anyway not saying this would be my ideal choice but this is my guess as to what the team will be:

1.Catlow
2. Ashmore
3. Bowen
4. Sammons
5. McCone
6. Parsons
7. R. Bunn
8. Yates
9. Jones
10. Gibson
11. Hawker

Personally I’d probably play Bunn over Catlow in goals but seems Catlow has played more in pre season so think h”” get the nod and also I’d rather have either Lucas or Molyneux up top with Montel Gibson but got a feeling he will go with Ethan Jones.

Anyway absolutely buzzing for the season to start and can’t wait till Tuesday night to see them in action!
Personally I think this is the closest to a likely start, my only question over this team is who will be number 9, my initial thought would have been Lucas, however the forward partnership you have was tested second half last week at Chasetown so you may well just be correct.
Also at Chasetown I felt our best player was Hewitt, however unsure where he fits into the midfield you have selected, unless of course he becomes a false 9 ?

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 17 Aug 2019, 12:10

Just checked the downloadable program from Yaxley, no clue as to over starting 11, just a full squad list.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/yaxleyfo ... 54344.html