Sin bins.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Noggin
Global Moderator

Re: Sin bins.

Post by Noggin » 27 Jun 2019, 13:18

some more here https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 69811.html

Give rise to some practical questions: do those sent to the sin bin sit on the bench, together (if more than one is consigned), how do they get "released". It's a good job that we have a couple of spare bus shelters at The Grove.

uncle jack and coke
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by uncle jack and coke » 27 Jun 2019, 15:25

According to the IFAB Rules of the Game the sin binned player should remain in the team technical area with the coach and technical staff, unless warming up. It is left to individual competitions to decide who will “manage” the timing of the sin bin be it the 4th official; the assistant referee or a club official (if the latter I can see one team spending 5 mins in the bin and the other 20 mins. Lol) At the end of the sin bin the player will be allowed to return to the pitch, even if the ball is still in play, on a signal from the referee.

I have read somewhere on the internet (but I can’t remember where) that if the player involved is the goalkeeper then they must play as an outfield player until there is a break in play, then they can swop places with the player who replaced them in goal

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 27 Jun 2019, 20:24

Noggin wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 13:18
It's a good job that we have a couple of spare bus shelters at The Grove.
No we don't