Re: New Manager

Post by Gaydonstrangler » 01 May 2019, 10:51

Doc just a nickname which I adopted after a football phone in rant on radio :D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 01 May 2019, 11:26

A rant? Never...

Why do you think Smith’s a “very poor choice” a “clown” and a “yes man”?

Very much not the informed opinion on him.

Gaydonstrangler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Gaydonstrangler » 01 May 2019, 12:02

Played with and against Paul it's only my opinion he's not big enough for the massive job ahead unless he gets a mega budget which won't happen :o

NLWatcher
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by NLWatcher » 01 May 2019, 20:47

Certainly not a yes man. Very public fall out with Bromsgrove, their chairmen and their board.

The way he kept Redditch up in their circumstance and had to rebuild a team with largely players not wanted at this level or from step 4 suggests he’s not a clown either.

Visitorfromcloseby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Visitorfromcloseby » 07 Jun 2019, 09:01

Hi
Bromsgrove fan here, enjoyed reading your forum and just wanted to give you my view on Paul.

He took Bromsgrove from a promising side to a really good side with his skill, tactics and eye for a player. Crowds went from 400 to 700 and we had some epic cup runs.

I don’t know Paul but have watched his progress post Bromsgrove and you have to say he knows local footballers and can pick players.

By no means is he a yes man, one of the reasons he fell out with our board (I am sure there are others but I don’t have the details) was that he wanted the club to progress up the pyramid but he felt it needed outside investment, which was in place, but the club disagreed.

He certainly isn’t a yes man

If you have concerns over his skills in the dugout just look at his record, he will be great for you and you have to be favourites for the league.

Enjoy your season and trust in Smudge !!!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Jun 2019, 09:46

Visitorfromcloseby wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 09:01
Hi
Bromsgrove fan here, enjoyed reading your forum and just wanted to give you my view on Paul.

He took Bromsgrove from a promising side to a really good side with his skill, tactics and eye for a player. Crowds went from 400 to 700 and we had some epic cup runs.

I don’t know Paul but have watched his progress post Bromsgrove and you have to say he knows local footballers and can pick players.

By no means is he a yes man, one of the reasons he fell out with our board (I am sure there are others but I don’t have the details) was that he wanted the club to progress up the pyramid but he felt it needed outside investment, which was in place, but the club disagreed.

If you have concerns over his skills in the dugout just look at his record, he will be great for you and you have to be favourites for the league.

That's a great post and thanks for taking the time to come on here. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do and the massive influx of players shows he is going to do it his way.
Have a good season yourselves!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 07 Jun 2019, 09:49

Visitorfromcloseby wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 09:01
Hi

very much what my sources have been telling me. He seems very ambitious and felt Sporting were being held back by not bringing in outside investors. The flip side of that is that the board at Sporting were probably right in my opinion. outside money more often than not ends in tears if the source isn't well researched.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 07 Jun 2019, 11:28

Totally agree Old Git.

I do hope though that he can do the same here as what he did at Bromsgrove, in terms of increasing the crowds etc. We have all seen the rise in attendances at Stour and Bromsgrove in recent years.

Even last season we got 500! Imagine what we could get if we start winning a few matches. :D

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 07 Jun 2019, 12:11

yeltz85 wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 11:28
Totally agree Old Git.

Imagine what we could get if we start winning a few matches. :D
let's just start with scoring a few goals ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Sep 2019, 19:24

I would be very interested to hear Gaydonstranglers views now. The transformation in a side I've never seen the like of here before, the optimism he's brought, excitement, all quality players he's brought in and gelled in next to no time, acts and speaks like a real professional, need I go on?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0