Should I stay or should I go

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Should I stay or should I go

Post by andy » 13 Apr 2019, 20:41

So, 3 games to go. Who from the current squad, if you were the new manager would start the 1st game next season? Assuming they want to stay. I'll start.

Platt
Ekongo
Kelly
Morris
Lawton
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Should I stay or should I go

Post by piearce9 » 13 Apr 2019, 20:55

Tough question. There are four players I think that would be perfectly capable at the level below and show a bit of pride in the badge.

You do need continuity but I’ve mentioned in other posts the fact that we almost need to “press reset” on this squad and start from scratch next season.

Plus, to be truthful, I’m not sure we can hang on to the ones we want to keep. Platt and Morris will get various offers to stay at Step 3 at the least.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Should I stay or should I go

Post by drummyb » 13 Apr 2019, 22:00

piearce9 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 20:55
Tough question. There are four players I think that would be perfectly capable at the level below and show a bit of pride in the badge.

You do need continuity but I’ve mentioned in other posts the fact that we almost need to “press reset” on this squad and start from scratch next season.

Plus, to be truthful, I’m not sure we can hang on to the ones we want to keep. Platt and Morris will get various offers to stay at Step 3 at the least.
I havent expected Platt to be here for the last couple of seasons tbh. All credit to him for sticking with it. Morris I think will be snapped up. Lawton Im not sure. I have a feeling he'll stick with us.