Forum

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 1360
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 13:58

Re: Forum

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 11 Apr 2019, 22:38

andy wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 22:21
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 22:15
andy wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 22:12


All that was very much the concensus.
All very positive, and not a lot to moan out.

I don't like it.

You wait until we start winning, we'll be bollocksed. ;D
I'll start going down ST Andrews, plenty to moan about there!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Punx
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Feb 2019, 09:51

Re: Forum

Post by Punx » 11 Apr 2019, 23:09

Hiya...new here, someone said admission prices will stay the same next season...I presume that applies to season tickets etc ? Also when will these go on sale....Cheers

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 415
Joined: 06 Aug 2014, 21:14
Location: Cradley, Halesowen

Re: Forum

Post by dalevillain » 11 Apr 2019, 23:50

Thanks for the update. I couldn’t make it tonight due to prior engagements. I did feel the timing of the forum was a bit strange. Personally felt it was slightly too late in the season or possibly too early to plan for next season. However sounds all positive stuff all the same which I guess bodes well heading into the summer.

The only thing I am slightly disappointed about is the fact admission will stay the same next season for a lower standard of football, however as we can trust that the money is going towards the budget then I don’t suppose a couple of quid extra will hurt for the good of the club.

User avatar
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 1368
Joined: 01 May 2011, 07:58
Location: Just over the border in Heathen territory!

Re: Forum

Post by lutleyyeltz » 12 Apr 2019, 07:34

On the subject of finance Keith confirmed that Mapei are happy to continue with their sponsorship.
Details will be firmed up in the next few days.
SevenCapital are on board and Karen is talking to a couple of other potential sponsors.
In reply to a question regarding our playing budget, in comparison to other clubs at our level, Karen's information was that we were on a par with, and above in some cases, our rivals.
Regarding the 'revolving door' scenario Keith was of the opinion that Rob Smith panicked when the results were not improving.
There is a palpable determination from both Karen and Keith that they will get the right manager this time to set us up for a good pre-season and success on the pitch in 2019/20.
Nobody should be in any doubt that the club is in safe hands. Karen and Keith were open in admitting that this season's failure on the pitch hurt them as fans, as well as owners.
Regarding the actual 'green stuff' thanks and appreciation were given to Ant Brettle for his sterling work at 'ground level' - pun very much intended!
All in all, for most I would think, an informative and confidence boosting evening.
Thanks to Neil, Emma and their 'crew' for the warm welcome and appreciated hospitality.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 1360
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 13:58

Re: Forum

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Apr 2019, 07:35

Whilst next season I would be content with consolidation and not having to put up with defeat after defeat, and facing a relegation fight, there will be fans that will look at the admission price, together with attendances, and will expect nothing less than promotion.

I do feel it will be difficult to manage expectations. As I said, I'd be content with consolidation, and a new manager that starts to build a consistent team we can be proud of.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

User avatar
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 1368
Joined: 01 May 2011, 07:58
Location: Just over the border in Heathen territory!

Re: Forum

Post by lutleyyeltz » 12 Apr 2019, 08:17

Whilst I appreciate the querying of not lowering next season's admission prices I would hope that the decision will be looked upon as a way of bolstering the playing budget.
Karen and Keith have backed the club from their own pockets and we as fans , if we truly are, can ease that burden.
It's not as though we are seeing a price hike, is it?

User avatar
Poll
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 786
Joined: 29 Apr 2011, 07:13

Re: Forum

Post by Poll » 12 Apr 2019, 09:12

Thanks to everyone for their updates on last night - much appreciated.

I must say it makes me feel very positive about the future, despite it being the day before we almost certainly get relegated. Really hoping (and believing) we can turn things around next year

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 676
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 16:53

Re: Forum

Post by piearce9 » 12 Apr 2019, 09:17

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 22:10
andy wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 22:05
Keith was adamant that they have learned a lot from watching the managers this season. I don't think there will be as much tolerance of failure in the future.
Having a low turnover will help with team spirit, and the consistency in playing the same players week in week out, will bring obvious benefits, in terms of the footballing side of things.

However, as a fan, I feel like I have no connection to this team. We don't have an identity. I can't be bothered to count how many games I've been to this season, it has to be 30 plus, however, on Saturday afternoon, I will struggle to recognise the players wearing blue on the pitch. That's not right.

We need to get back to the very basics of football. Get a manager in who makes us hard to beat and organised, and get a settled squad of 16 or so players, who fight for each other and make the fans proud.

We've not had that for a long while now.
You're bang on the money here, Mr ADY.

Nice to hear that Y27 is a happy man and feeling positive too- I take it all back.

NLWatcher
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 6
Joined: 12 Apr 2019, 10:03

Re: Forum

Post by NLWatcher » 12 Apr 2019, 10:20

To introduce myself, I am innocent observer here. I watch generally a game every weekend within the local area and of course this involves occasionally watching Halesowen.

The last time I watched Yeltz was away at Redditch on NYD, the signs were very clear then that this was a team going down. The constant bickering and arguing of the players was in direct contrast to a Redditch team, who despite their position, clearly had a rapport.

The reason I post here is to observe a couple of things. Players have been signed by Halesowen in a needs must capacity rather than being signed to fit a team/a role. It's like throwing a bunch of strangers together and expecting it to stick. It doesn't work in non-league circles as training is so irregular. Players know each other within the region. They talk. And for three years, Halesowen is looked down on by players.

This is what the club owners need to sort out. Whilst trusting the potential manager's instinct, they need to see some cohesion in the squad formation over the summer. There's been some very, very good players this club can't keep and whilst the likes of Tilt were destined for big things. There's Lait, Tonks, Hull, Kettle, Goddard, Chilton, Green, Anderson, Thompson-Brown - all played for this club and then when find themselves back to step 3 go elsewhere. It's a sign that your club is generally considered decent if when a player fails at a higher level that he returns to his former club. Throw in the Alvechurch lads who generally come from the Black Country (top goalscorer is a Halesowen lad), having played mostly at Tividale and then followed the manager.

Is it money? There's a chance but I can't work out how well Rushall pay.
Is it management? Because an awful lot of those players fell out with managers. Look at relatively successful managers in the West Mids at Step 3, the players follow them. Smith at Redditch. Long at Alvechurch. The owners need to do their DD in this regard.

The club needs to get it's image right first and foremost.

The reason I write this as I am sure you've heard it all before. Halesowen Town should be in the playoffs of this division with crowds of 800. Not poodling around in the M40 League.

My other word of warning would be to query SevenCapital's interest - they are a huge developer who own most of Five Ways Island, they are knocking up residential blocks at the moment everywhere and they have just put in for planning a contentious scheme in Stirchely. I don't see what they gain providing sponsoring to a step 3/4 football club.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 404
Joined: 06 May 2011, 18:04

Re: Forum

Post by old git » 12 Apr 2019, 10:50

NLWatcher wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 10:20
To introduce myself, I am innocent observer here. I watch generally a game every weekend within the local area and of course this involves occasionally watching Halesowen.

The last time I watched Yeltz was away at Redditch on NYD, the signs were very clear then that this was a team going down. The constant bickering and arguing of the players was in direct contrast to a Redditch team, who despite their position, clearly had a rapport.

The reason I post here is to observe a couple of things. Players have been signed by Halesowen in a needs must capacity rather than being signed to fit a team/a role. It's like throwing a bunch of strangers together and expecting it to stick. It doesn't work in non-league circles as training is so irregular. Players know each other within the region. They talk. And for three years, Halesowen is looked down on by players.

This is what the club owners need to sort out. Whilst trusting the potential manager's instinct, they need to see some cohesion in the squad formation over the summer. There's been some very, very good players this club can't keep and whilst the likes of Tilt were destined for big things. There's Lait, Tonks, Hull, Kettle, Goddard, Chilton, Green, Anderson, Thompson-Brown - all played for this club and then when find themselves back to step 3 go elsewhere. It's a sign that your club is generally considered decent if when a player fails at a higher level that he returns to his former club. Throw in the Alvechurch lads who generally come from the Black Country (top goalscorer is a Halesowen lad), having played mostly at Tividale and then followed the manager.

Is it money? There's a chance but I can't work out how well Rushall pay.
Is it management? Because an awful lot of those players fell out with managers. Look at relatively successful managers in the West Mids at Step 3, the players follow them. Smith at Redditch. Long at Alvechurch. The owners need to do their DD in this regard.

The club needs to get it's image right first and foremost.

The reason I write this as I am sure you've heard it all before. Halesowen Town should be in the playoffs of this division with crowds of 800. Not poodling around in the M40 League.

My other word of warning would be to query SevenCapital's interest - they are a huge developer who own most of Five Ways Island, they are knocking up residential blocks at the moment everywhere and they have just put in for planning a contentious scheme in Stirchely. I don't see what they gain providing sponsoring to a step 3/4 football club.
Good to hear an outsider point of view, and most of what you say is, of course, correct.

For whatever reason over the last few seasons we have become a resting post for journey men and loan players, but through that time you could also field a championship side from the good players we have lost to other clubs.
As to why this has happened is open to debate, but thankfully history now. But I can pretty certainly it is not down to money, in fact we must be the best financed team at step 3 ever to get relegated.

The right choice of next manager is crucial in attempting to get a settled squad of players together.
It is no surprise that we are relegated (and also last seasons struggles) having yet again gone through 60 odd players both seasons.
Even average players start to compete in leagues later in a season if they are in a settled squad.
I attend most matches, but for the last two years I have not bothered/been able to remember most players names, as I know that within a few weeks they will suddenly leave and never be heard of again.
However, despite what should be a gloomy Grove, there is much optimism, in fact probably more than in the last ten years. In Karen and Keith we have genuine and generous custodians, but in reality they have only been in full control since last October, and whilst from the terraces this has seemed like a lifetime it is only just over 6 months.

As to Seven Capital the warning is noted, but I can assure you this is a genuine relationship forged through Keith's personal friendship.

Post Reply