Forum

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Forum

Post by andy » 11 Apr 2019, 21:28

For the couldn't make it/ couldn't be arsed/ couldn't live further away folk here's a brief outline. I'll let others fill in the minutiae.
Questions were raised about previous 3 management's and the durations of their tenure. It was answered that all were given a chance, albeit maybe a little long and lessons have been learnt from it.
Again it was emphasised how much Karen and Keith are putting into this venture and it has made our budgets well comparable with most in out league. They as much as anyone are devastated that it has not worked on the pitch.
To try and hit the ground running next season a new manager will be in place early May and higher profile friendlies are being arranged.
Admission next season will be held at the same price as this to help keep the budget up.
There was a concensus that too many loan players were used and a more settled team is a must and over the coming seasons our youth players will hopefully make the step up.
Off the field we are debt free and in a good state of health, everyone desperately want that to be transmitted to the pitch so the right manager must be found this time. To that end the end date for applications will be the end of the season. There have been many applicants already.
THE BADGE. There will be a vote at some point to get our rightful club crest reinstated. Please don't pass up this opportunity to ensure it happens.
It was a very positive forum I have to say considering our impending relegation and once again thanks to Colin, Karen and Keith.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Forum

Post by Yeltz27 » 11 Apr 2019, 21:50

Whilst still being a little concerned about the vacant manager role, I have to say that Karen and Keith were very impressive. I don’t think even I can argue that the club isn’t in the right hands anymore and has people that genuinely care at the helm. I’d also like to give a special mention to Neil Broughton for such a warm and friendly welcome, and thank you for the free drink. A very good event, a nice event, and hopefully the start of something finally being rebuilt at Halesowen Town. Fair play to everybody concerned

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Apr 2019, 21:58

Yeltz27 wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 21:50
Whilst still being a little concerned about the vacant manager role, I have to say that Karen and Keith were very impressive. I don’t think even I can argue that the club isn’t in the right hands anymore and has people that genuinely care at the helm. I’d also like to give a special mention to Neil Broughton for such a warm and friendly welcome, and thank you for the free drink. A very good event, a nice event, and hopefully the start of something finally being rebuilt at Halesowen Town. Fair play to everybody concerned
Brilliant post Mr 27.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 11 Apr 2019, 22:02

Put me in the 'can't be arsed section', which reflects badly on me, I know! 😳😳

There's nothing in your summary I didn't expect to hear, but good to hear all the same. There's never been a doubt in my mind that we're in good health off the pitch.

Another example of how owning or running a club is almost an impossible role and a thankless task;

I think we can all agree the player turnover over the past 2 years or so, has been ridiculous, and a massive factor in why we are where we are. As owners, I'd like to see Karen and Keith emphasise to the future management, that this has to stop. However, I firmly believe that owners should step back and let the management manage! Catch 22!
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 11 Apr 2019, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Apr 2019, 22:05

Keith was adamant that they have learned a lot from watching the managers this season. I don't think there will be as much tolerance of failure in the future.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 11 Apr 2019, 22:10

andy wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 22:05
Keith was adamant that they have learned a lot from watching the managers this season. I don't think there will be as much tolerance of failure in the future.
Having a low turnover will help with team spirit, and the consistency in playing the same players week in week out, will bring obvious benefits, in terms of the footballing side of things.

However, as a fan, I feel like I have no connection to this team. We don't have an identity. I can't be bothered to count how many games I've been to this season, it has to be 30 plus, however, on Saturday afternoon, I will struggle to recognise the players wearing blue on the pitch. That's not right.

We need to get back to the very basics of football. Get a manager in who makes us hard to beat and organised, and get a settled squad of 16 or so players, who fight for each other and make the fans proud.

We've not had that for a long while now.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Apr 2019, 22:12

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 22:10
andy wrote:
Having a low turnover will help with team spirit, and the consistency in playing the same players week in week out, will bring obvious benefits, in terms of the footballing side of things.

However, as a fan, I feel like I have no connection to this team. We don't have an identity. I can't be bothered to count how many games I've been to this season, it has to be 30 plus, however, on Saturday afternoon, I will struggle to recognise the players wearing blue on the pitch. That's not right.

We need to get back to the very basics of football. Get a manager in who makes us hard to beat and organised, and get a settled squad of 16 or so players, who fight for each other and make the fans proud.

All that was very much the concensus.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 11 Apr 2019, 22:15

andy wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 22:12
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
andy wrote:

All very positive, and not a lot to moan out.

I don't like it.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Apr 2019, 22:21

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 22:15
andy wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 22:12
AwayDayYeltz wrote:

All very positive, and not a lot to moan out.

I don't like it.

You wait until we start winning, we'll be bollocksed. ;D

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 11 Apr 2019, 22:31

Another point which Karen made clear regarded club discipline.

In response to questions regarding players' and management's poor discipline and behaviour towards officials and other teams over recent times, she acknowledged that much of it did not reflect well on the club or in its aim of encouraging new supporters. Whilst it's not a problem unique to Halesowen, she wants the club to be held up as a good example and is determined to have a club which the fans can be proud of on the pitch for all the right reasons.

She came across very well tonight, especially in view of the season we have experienced.

..and she also said the Victorian toilets are finally destined for a hygienic makeover!