Forum

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Forum

Post by Westyeltz » 13 Apr 2019, 08:22

NLWatcher wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 10:20
My other word of warning would be to query SevenCapital's interest - they are a huge developer who own most of Five Ways Island, they are knocking up residential blocks at the moment everywhere and they have just put in for planning a contentious scheme in Stirchely. I don't see what they gain providing sponsoring to a step 3/4 football club.
Great post NLW with some obviously well informed views.

However with regard to Seven Capital and any underhand ideas you might suggest them of (although I'm sure that isn't the case), it need to be borne in mind that HTFC do not own the ground as such, and the freehold is held in trust for the sporting usage of the good people of Halesowen and as such cannot be developed in any other way.

Many will recall that the somewhat flowered up ambitions of previous club owners to build hotels, etc. were thwarted by this ancient arrangement - thankfully!

So to back up Old Git's post, I too feel it is a genuine arrangement.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Apr 2019, 09:07

I would imagine that SevenCapital have succumbed to Karen's persuasive charms and are sponsoring due to contact with her in their mutual business environment.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 13 Apr 2019, 09:16

drummyb wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 19:31
Or pee in all 4 corners of the pitch. We need a man named Barry though.
Probably best not to, or you might end up getting chucked out of the ground. Like someone at Salisbury...

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Apr 2019, 13:08

Name names, please! 🤐

NLWatcher
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by NLWatcher » 16 Apr 2019, 14:31

Good to hear the Seven Capital link is through something personal and the land of The Grove has a sporting covenant.

I get extremely nervous when developers take interests in football clubs.