League Line-Up 2019/20

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 1513
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 13:58

Re: League Line-Up 2019/20

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Apr 2019, 07:00

I can't believe Ilkeston are still going. They have gone bust more times than we've made a Friday signing this season.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

User avatar
andy
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 3783
Joined: 29 Apr 2011, 18:43

Re: League Line-Up 2019/20

Post by andy » 24 Apr 2019, 10:44

Simons wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 20:34
Now predicted to stay back in Southern League following yesterdays matches. Seems to hinge on whether Ilkeston or Walsall Wood win Midland Football League. They are level on points but Ilkeston now have a better goal difference as they won 7-0 yesterday.

What a great finish in that division. Before Saturday Ilkeston were 3 points clear of Walsall Wood and a better goal difference. Walsall went to Ilkeston and won 0-4 and went top on goal difference in front of over 1500 fans! On Monday Walsall won 1-0 and Ilkeston went back top on goal difference by winning 0-7. Walsall are now 4 goals behind. In the final round of games on Saturday Walsall host the bottom side and Ilkeston go to 3rd bottom. Both are conceding goals for fun. Look out for a couple of cricket scores to see who wins the title!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

User avatar
andy
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 3783
Joined: 29 Apr 2011, 18:43

Re: League Line-Up 2019/20

Post by andy » 27 Apr 2019, 17:52

andy wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 10:44
Simons wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 20:34
Now predicted to stay back in Southern League following yesterdays matches. Seems to hinge on whether Ilkeston or Walsall Wood win Midland Football League. They are level on points but Ilkeston now have a better goal difference as they won 7-0 yesterday.

What a great finish in that division. Before Saturday Ilkeston were 3 points clear of Walsall Wood and a better goal difference. Walsall went to Ilkeston and won 0-4 and went top on goal difference in front of over 1500 fans! On Monday Walsall won 1-0 and Ilkeston went back top on goal difference by winning 0-7. Walsall are now 4 goals behind. In the final round of games on Saturday Walsall host the bottom side and Ilkeston go to 3rd bottom. Both are conceding goals for fun. Look out for a couple of cricket scores to see who wins the title!
And Ilkeston hit the cricket score, winning 1-8. They take the title on goal difference thanks to hitting FIFTEEN in the last 2 games. Incredible!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator
Posts: 1039
Joined: 29 Apr 2011, 12:03

Re: League Line-Up 2019/20

Post by HalesowenHarry » 07 May 2019, 08:13

With very little left to change at Step 4 (short of anyone going bump or pulling out before the leagues are decided around the mid-May mark), the current predictions seem to show the following:-

Southern Football League Central One

A.F.C. Dunstable
Aylesbury United
Barton Rovers
Bedford Town
Bedworth United
Berkhamsted
Biggleswade
Cambridge City
Coleshill Town
Corby Town
Daventry Town
Evesham United
HALESOWEN TOWN
Histon
Kempston Rovers
Kidlington
North Leigh
St. Neots Town
Thame United
Yaxley

Northern Premier League South East
Belper Town
Carlton Town
Chasetown
Cleethorpes Town
Frickley Athletic
Glossop North End
Ilkeston Town
Kidsgrove Athletic
Leek Town
Lincoln United
Loughborough Dynamo
Market Drayton Town
Newcastle Town
Sheffield
Spalding United
Stamford
Stocksbridge Park Steels
Sutton Coldfield Town
Wisbech Town
Worksop Town

Of course both may be all wrong, but we'd struggle to be moved north (my preference) as that would involve a lot of teams being shifted as well.

I'm going for 17th May 2019 when the FA release their line ups for next year, watch this space. Or that space.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 1513
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 13:58

Re: League Line-Up 2019/20

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 May 2019, 13:33

Enthralling! ::) ::)
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Noggin
Global Moderator
Posts: 602
Joined: 01 May 2011, 18:56

Re: League Line-Up 2019/20

Post by Noggin » 08 May 2019, 11:46

Can I put in requests to have away matches against Histon, Cambridge , Bedford, St Neots and possibly Corby as midweek matches? Particulalry Histon and Camridge City. I am working in Histon for the next few months and staying within walking distance of the Histon ground.

Would be even better if we had a proper badge by then :o

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 713
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 16:53

Re: League Line-Up 2019/20

Post by piearce9 » 08 May 2019, 12:16

HalesowenHarry wrote:
07 May 2019, 08:13
Of course both may be all wrong, but we'd struggle to be moved north (my preference) as that would involve a lot of teams being shifted as well.

I'm going for 17th May 2019 when the FA release their line ups for next year, watch this space. Or that space.
Why's your preference for north, HH?

I'm looking at this from the perspective of getting promoted at the first time of asking (which won't be an easy task at all- I know that) and so I think the Southern line-up appears weaker?

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 691
Joined: 05 May 2011, 14:00

Re: League Line-Up 2019/20

Post by juanillo » 08 May 2019, 13:09

piearce9 wrote:
08 May 2019, 12:16
HalesowenHarry wrote:
07 May 2019, 08:13
Of course both may be all wrong, but we'd struggle to be moved north (my preference) as that would involve a lot of teams being shifted as well.

I'm going for 17th May 2019 when the FA release their line ups for next year, watch this space. Or that space.
Why's your preference for north, HH?

I'm looking at this from the perspective of getting promoted at the first time of asking (which won't be an easy task at all- I know that) and so I think the Southern line-up appears weaker?
I am not sure there will be much difference in the two. Most people on here reckoned the Southern League was weaker last season but that clearly did us no favours.

Anyway, I hope the management team get savvy with the other teams quickly, as often some seemingly random side comes through with a very poor fan base but ambitions off the pitch - Peterborough Sports last season.

Also, a slow start will be hard to overcome, as there are only 38 games to play with.

Apparently Evesham may not be keen on moving Central so may appeal.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 1513
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 13:58

Re: League Line-Up 2019/20

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 08 May 2019, 13:45

Noggin wrote:
08 May 2019, 11:46
Can I put in requests to have away matches against Histon, Cambridge , Bedford, St Neots and possibly Corby as midweek matches? Particulalry Histon and Camridge City. I am working in Histon for the next few months and staying within walking distance of the Histon ground.

Would be even better if we had a proper badge by then :o
Walking distance to you could mean anywere inbetween 'just down the road' to 40 miles away! ;D ;D
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member
Posts: 529
Joined: 15 May 2011, 08:43

Re: League Line-Up 2019/20

Post by Westyeltz » 08 May 2019, 17:47

Noggin wrote:
08 May 2019, 11:46
Can I put in requests to have away matches against Histon, Cambridge , Bedford, St Neots and possibly Corby as midweek matches? Particulalry Histon and Camridge City. I am working in Histon for the next few months and staying within walking distance of the Histon ground.

Would be even better if we had a proper badge by then :o
No you cannot! You're as bad as them two Ooop North ;)

Post Reply