So, the reality.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: So, the reality.

Post by YeltzDoc » 19 Mar 2019, 20:47

HalesowenHarry wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 20:40
John Hill went. As was many peoples wish.

Smith and Chambers came in. Made some / many mistakes and didn't improve things (personally thought too many changes at the start cost them but did think the play improved in patches). CV wise they were an excellent fit. But then sometimes the job isn't what you thought it was. They did the decent thing.
Unlikely that caretakers will keep us up. So next season's choice is key.

Have faith. The forum is sparsely populated with a lot of negativity which goes on when you're down there. But talk to the owners and you'll certainly get a gauge on how much they care etc. You'll always get a measured response which goes against the grain of the current social media instant doom that people seem to buy in to.
HH talks a lot of sense considering he's historically a Stourbr*dge fan from Wolverhampton.

I suspect that the level will be pretty poor next year - andy's post from the other week that did the maths on the actual number of teams above us does seem to suggest that it'll be about mid '80s West Midland Regional level.

But, it's only football, right? We need Westy to give some more O0 's out and we'll all feel better.

FML...

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 Mar 2019, 20:49

I think it's clear to most that the owners care. I'm certainly not doubting that.

How frustrating is it, that we've finally got two owners in Karen and Keith who seemingly have their head screwed on, yet things have gone so pear shaped on the field.

I understand and accept the point we should be grateful we have a club, and that certainly isn't lost on me. But I'm so frustrated that this season has turned out like this, due to a number of reasons, one being the turnover of players, I agree. To go down with a whimper after the hope, hype and optimism of last summers takeover is an absolute kick in the nuts.

I'll be lining up with Lutleyyeltz to get my season ticket for next season, despite the pending relegation.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Mar 2019, 21:04

YeltzDoc wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 20:47
HalesowenHarry wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 20:40
John Hill went. As was many peoples wish.

Smith and Chambers came in. Made some / many mistakes and didn't improve things (personally thought too many changes at the start cost them but did think the play improved in patches). CV wise they were an excellent fit. But then sometimes the job isn't what you thought it was. They did the decent thing.
Unlikely that caretakers will keep us up. So next season's choice is key.

Have faith. The forum is sparsely populated with a lot of negativity which goes on when you're down there. But talk to the owners and you'll certainly get a gauge on how much they care etc. You'll always get a measured response which goes against the grain of the current social media instant doom that people seem to buy in to.
HH talks a lot of sense considering he's historically a Stourbr*dge fan from Wolverhampton.

I suspect that the level will be pretty poor next year - andy's post from the other week that did the maths on the actual number of teams above us does seem to suggest that it'll be about mid '80s West Midland Regional level.

But, it's only football, right? We need Westy to give some more O0 's out and we'll all feel better.

FML...

Actually Doc my maths suggested we will be far worse off than we ever were in the WML.
I also agree with Josh that we can not just live on the 'thankfully we've survived' line. Of course I am delighted we have but we have surely played this season on a level playing field with everybody else and we have been AWFUL. HH is wrong to think that because the owners 'care' that all is well. We ALL care, but we're still watching dross. At least he finally seems to admit what we all knew about 10 games ago.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 19 Mar 2019, 21:11

Comes down to the half full or half empty line I s'pose

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Mar 2019, 21:15

HalesowenHarry wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 21:11
True. But putting aside the fact we've survived' as a club, do you enjoy going anymore? I'm just going out of a very long habit and to see folks I know.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 Mar 2019, 21:17

andy wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 21:15
HalesowenHarry wrote:
True. But putting aside the fact we've survived' as a club, do you enjoy going anymore? I'm just going out of a very long habit and to see folks I know.
If it weren't for the banter on the terraces with some good people, I don't think I'd have attended a game since early 2015. The football has been poor for that long now.

But that's what's great about non-league, the folks you meet and chat with on the terrace.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Mar 2019, 21:20

HalesowenHarry wrote:

Just looked at your fantasy Island prediction. 4-0 defeat!! My glass is fuller than yours!! ;)

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 19 Mar 2019, 21:25

Yes I do enjoy going. I didn't enjoy the last owners final season and a half. That was awful. More off the field than on. But the new owners have livened it up again even if they're perceived to have made some mistakes possibly. I live in hope next year will be much better. We shall see

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 19 Mar 2019, 21:25

I was positive we were going to lose. Thats even fuller ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Mar 2019, 21:44

HalesowenHarry wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 21:25
Yes I do enjoy going. I didn't enjoy the last owners final season and a half. That was awful. More off the field than on. But the new owners have livened it up again even if they're perceived to have made some mistakes possibly. I live in hope next year will be much better. We shall see
What do you enjoy? Nothing we watch has changed one iota for what seems like forever.
I'm not even saying mistakes have been made. I lived in hope for THIS year. Big mistake. Next year probably will will be better against Dog and Duck sides.