So, the reality.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

So, the reality.

Post by andy » 16 Mar 2019, 17:53

No opinions or moans or blind hope from me here, these are the facts.
We are now six points behind Lowestoft. We are four points behind St Neots. A win on Tuesday at the former would put us back in the mix. St Neots would have a game in hand but we could wipe out a victory they might get by beating them in the final game. So we would have to gain two more points than them on top of that in the run in. We would also have to gain another four more points than Lowestoft. All in just seven games after Tuesday. A very difficult task.
Should we draw or lose the task becomes almost impossible.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: So, the reality.

Post by lutleyyeltz » 16 Mar 2019, 21:10

Those facts make climbing Kilimanjaro seem like a gentle stroll over Clent!
It's been a dreadful season on the pitch but our new ownership duo give me confidence that we have a stable base to support whatever we have to face to rebuild.
I shall be there, cash in sweaty palm, to buy my season ticket as soon as they are available.
The friendship, banter and the trials and tribulations of being at The Grove are, to me, worth every penny.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 16 Mar 2019, 21:24

Yes, there are so many 'ifs' that need to happen, that realistically they won't.

Getting a team that can barely muster decent chances in a game to score enough goals just seems a challenge too far.

Get ready for two fewer home games next season, along with the possibility of exiting the FA Cup before the end of August and the Trophy before the end of September.

But it can't be any worse than this season?

TwoHat
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TwoHat » 19 Mar 2019, 20:05

Oh I wouldn’t count on that.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 19 Mar 2019, 20:08

Looks like the trolls and experts have arrived

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 Mar 2019, 20:14

At least we won't have a four and half hour travel to an away match next year. Nice and local.

Very few fans will be at the game, so getting a half time burger and pint will be easier.

Surely we'll have cheaper entrance fees too!

Any more positives?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 19 Mar 2019, 20:18

Interestingly and not pointed out but kev without trev and myself had a chat at Coalville a few weeks back. And commented that 1 year before at that seasons Coalville game we didn't even know if the club would exist under the then owner....... I'll take relegation and hope springs eternal next season.......

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Mar 2019, 20:25

HalesowenHarry wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 20:18
Interestingly and not pointed out but kev without trev and myself had a chat at Coalville a few weeks back. And commented that 1 year before at that seasons Coalville game we didn't even know if the club would exist under the then owner....... I'll take relegation and hope springs eternal next season.......
Fair points made there. Its not like we havent played that division before, and its not like relegation from the Premier League.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 Mar 2019, 20:27

HalesowenHarry wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 20:18
How long do we live off the 'at least we've got a club' line?

It's a fair point now, given its less than 12 months since we got new owners who actually care. But that shouldn't be a line used to defend what has been a piss poor season on the field. Should it?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 19 Mar 2019, 20:40

John Hill went. As was many peoples wish.

Smith and Chambers came in. Made some / many mistakes and didn't improve things (personally thought too many changes at the start cost them but did think the play improved in patches). CV wise they were an excellent fit. But then sometimes the job isn't what you thought it was. They did the decent thing.
Unlikely that caretakers will keep us up. So next season's choice is key.

Have faith. The forum is sparsely populated with a lot of negativity which goes on when you're down there. But talk to the owners and you'll certainly get a gauge on how much they care etc. You'll always get a measured response which goes against the grain of the current social media instant doom that people seem to buy in to.