Bragoli
Rea
Fitzpatrick
Wright

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Which players should Lee and Asa retain

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Mar 2019, 06:47

Whilst there are a number of players I wouldn't want to keep, I'm of the opinion that we just need to find consistency in the line up now. I've had enough of constant player rotation, we need to find a line up and stick with, and hope it finds some form. That's our only hope right now.

In saying that, I'd hope we sign a striker capable of scoring enough goals to win us points. But, what I don't want to see is a further overhaul in playing staff.

I understand that's a little contradictory. The real rebuild needs to happen in the summer. Regardless of whether we see a miracle or the likely relegation happens.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 12 Mar 2019, 12:58

I daren't think about next season yet, so really the question is about who to play in the next few weeks to keep us up.

GK, Defence and Centre Midfield are all fine for now. Brago and Lawton have had wobbly form this year but play with graft and tenacity, which is needed right now.

Hughes has got a choice - adopt a narrow formation and expect the full backs to get forwards, or go out and acquire a couple of tricky wingers to save the day. He started with Brags and Till out side on the weekend, which didn't work. I will withhold my comments about the squad's only winger.

But above all, more important than anything else, we have to get a decent striker in. In the last five games it's been dross in front of goal. Where's Agbor at these days- he'd be an improvement? Or Lewis Reilly from Crewe? I will publicly cry at Rushall if we play Andre on his own up top again.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Mar 2019, 15:35

piearce9 wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:58
I will publicly cry at Rushall if we play Andre on his own up top again.
Tesco are doing a deal on Kleenex I believe.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0