They Have left the building

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

They Have left the building

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 06 Mar 2019, 11:49

Rob and Larry have been departed. I think rightly so. Now can this season be saved.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: There Have left the building

Post by andy » 06 Mar 2019, 11:58

Right decision. Let's see if Lee can make a difference. Probably will have to make do with the players we have now, let's hope he can motivate them to a new level.
Good luck Lee.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: They Have left the building

Post by juanillo » 06 Mar 2019, 12:13

The horse may have bolted, but this gives us a chance of getting it back in the stable.
Anyway, it certainly can't be any worse, so fingers crossed.

crezza94
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by crezza94 » 06 Mar 2019, 12:31

From Halesowen News
Hughes has been appointed as first team player/manager until the end of the season.

He is set to be joined by Asa Charlton as his assistant and Craig Harris as coach.

Hughes' first game in charge will be the crucial home game against Hitchin Town this Saturday.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 06 Mar 2019, 12:58

Great news that Asa is coming back (again!).

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 06 Mar 2019, 13:06

I am just glad that they have had the decentcy to admit that it has n't worked out and left early unlike the previous management. Their appointment wasn't to everyones liking, myself included, but I returned to the GROVE and supported them , without criticism, but it was soon obvious to many that their appointment had n't worked out. I just hope that our owners now go through the correct procedures aand interviews to find the right replacements.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 06 Mar 2019, 13:30

KenR wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 13:06
I am just glad that they have had the decentcy to admit that it has n't worked out and left early unlike the previous management. Their appointment wasn't to everyones liking, myself included, but I returned to the GROVE and supported them , without criticism, but it was soon obvious to many that their appointment had n't worked out. I just hope that our owners now go through the correct procedures aand interviews to find the right replacements.
Good post, at least they both had the decency to hold their hands up and admit that they weren't good enough. It's probably all too late, though.

Ultimately, the complete mess they walked into proved too much for them to rectify, they didn't make it worse, they just didn't improve it at all, and in fact made the same mistakes Hill and Clarke made in terms of player recruitment. We now need consistency in our playing squad, and stop this nonsense of signing a player every Friday - it does not work.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 06 Mar 2019, 13:56

LEE Hughes is backing Halesowen Town's players to win their relegation dogfight.

The former West Bromwich Albion hitman has taken the hotseat at the Grove after Rob Smith and assistant Larry Chambers left by mutual consent.

Smith's 18 games in charge produced just two wins to leave the club second bottom in the Southern League Central and five points from safety.

Hughes was quickly appointed as first team player/manager until the end of the season as the Yeltz battle to beat the drop.

He is set to be joined by fans' favourite Asa Charlton as his assistant and Craig Harris as coach.

Hughes' first game in charge will be the crucial home game against relegation rivals Hitchin Town this Saturday (3pm kick-off).

"It's going to be really tough but it's a challenge I'm really looking forward to," said Hughes.

"I really do believe this squad is capable of getting out of trouble.

"We've got some really decent players here and I think it could just be about helping them find that belief and confidence again.

"We do need a couple of players in certain areas and I'll be using my contacts to try and make that happen. We are a young squad and I think we could just do with a bit more experience in key areas.

"We know it will be tough for us but we know how hard we are going to have to work.

"I'll be working with the lads as soon as I can on the training pitch and I'll make sure everyone knows what's required from them.

"The one issue we have at the moment is that we aren't creating enough chances for our forwards. We'll be working on improving that.

"Saturday is a massive game now but a win could really do wonders for us. Win it and we could put two or three wins together.

"There are still 30 points to play for and everyone of those games has to be like a cup final for us."

https://www.halesowennews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -troubles/
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Mar 2019, 14:23

Well Im surprised its happened now, but cant say its a huge shock. Hughes has nothing to lose ultimately. Divisive or not, fingers crossed.
Nice to see Asa come back too. 8)

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 06 Mar 2019, 16:40

Been coming for a while, they had gone backwards, would have definitely gone down if they had remained, now we have a fighting chance... all hands to the pump... great to see ASA back... someone every player should look up to and respect, as everyone connected to Halesowen does, hopefully he will get them fired up... good luck to him and Lee... and let's get the results we need to stay up....