Save The Season

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Save The Season

Post by juanillo » 04 Mar 2019, 20:20

Mikeev02 wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 20:12
[quote=andy post_id=37994 time=<a href="tel:1551626741">1551626741</a> user_id=26]
[quote=piearce9 post_id=37980 time=<a href="tel:1551604540">1551604540</a> user_id=1329]
Ten games to go, five points from safety. Can the Yeltz survive??

I honestly think we can do it, but we can't wait for a change in form to arrive any later. From this week onwards, EVERYTHING needs to come together- so here's what I think needs to happen.

9 FROM 3
Our next three games are Hitchin (H), Rushall (A), Lowestoft (A). These are MUST WIN games. I can't understate how vital next week's game against Hitchin will be. So everyone needs to rally round the team next week- bring a mate to the game, make some noise, and make sure we come away with all three points. If we ever had a chance of building up a quick run of form, then this is it. Nine points from three games, you heard it here first.

PACK THE GROVE
The club needs to try and pull out the stops to get all our fans back into The Grove for these remaining crucial games. How about a season finale package- £25 gets you entry to the last five home games. A free (or cheap) beer for those who arrive before 2pm. Loads of build up on social media in the week before each game- #TheGreatEscape #GetToTheGrove- and make sure everyone in Halesowen knows these are massive games coming up. See if the Halesowen News can do a better build up (and advertise an offer if it's there).

THE FINAL TWO

I'm hoping we can get a tailwind and still be in with a chance for the last two games- Redditch on bank holiday and St Neots away. If that's the case, then we should be targeting 750+ at the Grove for Redditch, and a massive away following on the final day. Bring back fancy dress and let's take over St Neots like we did at Belper.

ON THE PITCH

The players are good enough to keep us up. We need all eleven to show the passion and fight that Brago, Platty and Morris do every week. If one striker can start finding the net, that's enough to make the difference. But let's make sure they have massive support from the terraces and that nothing is left behind.

What do you think? Have I actually lost my mind?
There are just a few flaws in this.
9 from 3. Not a chance. When was the last time we won 3 on the trot?
Pack the Grove. Who in their right mind that doesn't already watch this dross is going to want to turn up now?
The final 2. We will be sunk without a trace by then. I've done plenty of fancy dress ups following the Town but never gone as a floundering fish.
On the pitch. We've done nothing up to yet, why do you think it will start now?
I don't think you've lost your mind, optimism is wonderful, but those happy pills really can become addictive you know.
[/quote]

10 games to go here are the last 10 results for each side

Halesowen. + 1 win + 3 draws + 6 detests = 6 pts + 25 = 31 pts
St Neots. + 4 wins. + 1 draws+ 5 defeats =13 pts +30 = 43 pts
Lowestoft. + 2 wins + 4 draws + 4 defeats = 10 pts +30 = 40 pts
Looks like snookers will be needed
[/quote]
You're right, and we haven't managed any safety shots all season!

...and never a truer word written in an inadvertent typo; they were detestable indeed! ;)

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 05 Mar 2019, 09:22

Great to see such optimism! I totally get that people are gloomy, given some recent performances. However, there is still a lot to play for, which is why I think people need to rally now, rather than reflecting on what could have been later down the line. There is life in this old dog yet :)

I guess I'm on my own here, but I genuinely think that if the players turn up on Saturday and get some momentum going, then we'll win the next three and I'm also confident we can take six points in our last two games as well. And we have a home game against Bedworth in between as well.

St Neots have lost half their squad, Lowestoft have a slightly trickier run-in, and here's another big shout- I genuinely think we could catch Barwell too. They're ten points ahead but their run is horrible. Their remaining 9 games are all against teams in the top 13. And they are rubbish.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 05 Mar 2019, 09:43

You're not on your own

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 05 Mar 2019, 12:52

piearce9 wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 09:22
Great to see such optimism! I totally get that people are gloomy, given some recent performances. However, there is still a lot to play for, which is why I think people need to rally now, rather than reflecting on what could have been later down the line. There is life in this old dog yet :)

I guess I'm on my own here, but I genuinely think that if the players turn up on Saturday and get some momentum going, then we'll win the next three and I'm also confident we can take six points in our last two games as well. And we have a home game against Bedworth in between as well.

St Neots have lost half their squad, Lowestoft have a slightly trickier run-in, and here's another big shout- I genuinely think we could catch Barwell too. They're ten points ahead but their run is horrible. Their remaining 9 games are all against teams in the top 13. And they are rubbish.
You're certainly not on your own with the sentiment.

I know it could and can happen, but I just can't see a sudden and continued upturn that is required. You have us winning at least 6 of the remaining games, of which 3 are away. Since our only away win at Bedworth in September, we haven't won away in the league, losing 9 out of 12.

It may well be that Barwell will struggle, but we''d much rather be in their shoes thinking 'thank goodness for Bedworth and Halesowen' as that means there's only one place to worry about.

Where I do agree though - please prove that I am wrong.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 05 Mar 2019, 13:41

We'd all love to be wrong!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Mar 2019, 18:07

I'm prepared to bet that not one of you would put any hard earned cash on it though. ;)
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 05 Mar 2019, 19:25

andy wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 18:07
I'm prepared to bet that not one of you would put any hard earned cash on it though. ;)
I'm not sure about Fantasy Island guesses let alone putting any money on it!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Mar 2019, 21:48

juanillo wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 19:25
andy wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 18:07
I'm not sure about Fantasy Island guesses let alone putting any money on it!
;D ;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 06 Mar 2019, 11:30

Club statement confirms both have left the club. Lee Hughes player/manager until the end of the season.

atto83
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by atto83 » 06 Mar 2019, 15:46

I don't usually post on here but felt I had to respond. I'm with you on this piearce9.

I can't believe the doom and gloom surrounding this club at the moment. I've seen more optimism from fans of clubs going out of business. Yes, we have been woeful for the majority of the season. Yes, it's clear there have been mistakes made both on and off the field. At the end of the day we are all supporters and now, more than ever we should rally around the club.

What I believe piearce9 is trying to orchestrate is a bit of atmosphere for the remaining games of the season. Whilst I agree with most of you that our chances of survival are very slim, there is still a chance. If we are going down, let's do it with a bit of FIGHTING SPIRIT and get behind the lads for the remaining games of the season. Let's show prospective new players that we are good club to play for. We have the right owners and the set up at Halesowen is among the best at this level.

THE REBUILD FOR NEXT SEASON STARTS ON SATURDAY.

#GETTOTHEGROVE