Save The Season

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Save The Season

Post by piearce9 » 03 Mar 2019, 09:15

Ten games to go, five points from safety. Can the Yeltz survive??

I honestly think we can do it, but we can't wait for a change in form to arrive any later. From this week onwards, EVERYTHING needs to come together- so here's what I think needs to happen.

9 FROM 3
Our next three games are Hitchin (H), Rushall (A), Lowestoft (A). These are MUST WIN games. I can't understate how vital next week's game against Hitchin will be. So everyone needs to rally round the team next week- bring a mate to the game, make some noise, and make sure we come away with all three points. If we ever had a chance of building up a quick run of form, then this is it. Nine points from three games, you heard it here first.

PACK THE GROVE
The club needs to try and pull out the stops to get all our fans back into The Grove for these remaining crucial games. How about a season finale package- £25 gets you entry to the last five home games. A free (or cheap) beer for those who arrive before 2pm. Loads of build up on social media in the week before each game- #TheGreatEscape #GetToTheGrove- and make sure everyone in Halesowen knows these are massive games coming up. See if the Halesowen News can do a better build up (and advertise an offer if it's there).

THE FINAL TWO

I'm hoping we can get a tailwind and still be in with a chance for the last two games- Redditch on bank holiday and St Neots away. If that's the case, then we should be targeting 750+ at the Grove for Redditch, and a massive away following on the final day. Bring back fancy dress and let's take over St Neots like we did at Belper.

ON THE PITCH

The players are good enough to keep us up. We need all eleven to show the passion and fight that Brago, Platty and Morris do every week. If one striker can start finding the net, that's enough to make the difference. But let's make sure they have massive support from the terraces and that nothing is left behind.

What do you think? Have I actually lost my mind?

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Save The Season

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 03 Mar 2019, 09:21

YES

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 03 Mar 2019, 10:33

One thing Piearce 9, is glaringly obvious, "WE AINT GOOD ENOUGH"

shedender
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by shedender » 03 Mar 2019, 10:45

Woke up this morning after a DREAM!!!
Tomorrow HTFC make VERY popular Caretaker Manager choice. THEN we beat the 3 around us still to play (9 pts), we stay up! 🎵Woke Up this morning feelin’ fine 🎵Should be a PLAN not a DREAM, though 😡
Highly agree with the Pack The Grove suggestions. Away day travel to St Neots, if it comes down to last game, should be subbed in some way and get folk travelling together, surely a cost to Club at that stage is massively less than cost to go down.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 03 Mar 2019, 10:51

Ken- I think a lot will need to change over the summer and a bigger rebuild is required. The task at hand right here and now is to stay up. And we are good enough to do that. This league is so very poor in quality. We have ten games left. Four of them are against our fellow relegation friends. Another four are against teams with little to play for. A turn of form will keep us up.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 03 Mar 2019, 11:26

We will be relegated with about 5 games to go I reckon. I appreciate the rallying calls and as fans we have to do our part to keep the club going. But we have been. From those that give their time to maintain the ground, to those attending, buying merchandise, and contributing to crowd funding to get the club back. But the cold hard facts are that despite a better performance yesterday, we still lost. Bar a couple of performances with both old and new managers, we've been very very poor since the season started.
Next game we will revert to type. We could play like yesterday til the end of the season but we have no goals in this team at all, and I think we might scratch another 4 points. The truth is this has been building up for three or four years on the pitch and we're paying for it now. I guess we got the change we wanted, but it hasnt worked.
Sorry guys. Id love to be wrong but Ive accepted it as fate. Im waiting for next season to see how we build. From the turn of this century, there have been four seasons where we have achieved a promotion or won a league. I genuinely beleive that we're a club that will suffer a lot of pain with a few highlights sprinkled along the way. If you look even further back before the magic of 80's, we were a club that plodded along.

But despite all of that, its the town I was born and its MY team. Ill enjoy the highs when they happen and suffer the lows too.

I need a lie down after thinking too much :-D

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 03 Mar 2019, 12:14

I admire Piearce's optimism and wish the scenarios would come true, but I agree with drummyb.

Effort and grit isn't going to get us the results we need.
Realistically we can only catch Lowestoft and St Neots and we've got to get past both of them and they have a 5 point start, which is massive given where we are and the abject form.

Also, if we think we can get something from the games against those near the bottom, you can be assured that they'll be thinking the same when they see us on their remaining fixtures and probably with some more justification!

We keep hearing how bad a league it i, but that's probably because the matches we see involve us.

Gaydonstrangler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Gaydonstrangler » 03 Mar 2019, 13:23

10 games to go management have had enough time to turn it around we are no better off than when john and Matt were in charge surely the board have to get rid now we should put Hughes in charge with all his contacts he is the man who could save us the lads played well first half yesterday but couldn't find the back of the net 4 forwards on the bench full backs as wingers the team look lost as soon as we went a goal down no instruction from either coach only negative comments coming from side of the pitch total shambles good performances from young Callum Ivor and Braggs though bit of fight which we need do the right thing before it's too late let's use Hughes to our advantage before he leaves and we might stand a chance ONLY MY OPINION HTFC

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Mar 2019, 15:25

piearce9 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 09:15

I honestly think we can do it, but we can't wait for a change in form to arrive any later. From this week onwards, EVERYTHING needs to come together- so here's what I think needs to happen.

9 FROM 3
Our next three games are Hitchin (H), Rushall (A), Lowestoft (A). These are MUST WIN games. I can't understate how vital next week's game against Hitchin will be. So everyone needs to rally round the team next week- bring a mate to the game, make some noise, and make sure we come away with all three points. If we ever had a chance of building up a quick run of form, then this is it. Nine points from three games, you heard it here first.

PACK THE GROVE
The club needs to try and pull out the stops to get all our fans back into The Grove for these remaining crucial games. How about a season finale package- £25 gets you entry to the last five home games. A free (or cheap) beer for those who arrive before 2pm. Loads of build up on social media in the week before each game- #TheGreatEscape #GetToTheGrove- and make sure everyone in Halesowen knows these are massive games coming up. See if the Halesowen News can do a better build up (and advertise an offer if it's there).

THE FINAL TWO

I'm hoping we can get a tailwind and still be in with a chance for the last two games- Redditch on bank holiday and St Neots away. If that's the case, then we should be targeting 750+ at the Grove for Redditch, and a massive away following on the final day. Bring back fancy dress and let's take over St Neots like we did at Belper.

ON THE PITCH

The players are good enough to keep us up. We need all eleven to show the passion and fight that Brago, Platty and Morris do every week. If one striker can start finding the net, that's enough to make the difference. But let's make sure they have massive support from the terraces and that nothing is left behind.

There are just a few flaws in this.
9 from 3. Not a chance. When was the last time we won 3 on the trot?
Pack the Grove. Who in their right mind that doesn't already watch this dross is going to want to turn up now?
The final 2. We will be sunk without a trace by then. I've done plenty of fancy dress ups following the Town but never gone as a floundering fish.
On the pitch. We've done nothing up to yet, why do you think it will start now?
I don't think you've lost your mind, optimism is wonderful, but those happy pills really can become addictive you know.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Mikeev02
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Mikeev02 » 04 Mar 2019, 20:12

andy wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 15:25
piearce9 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 09:15

9 FROM 3

PACK THE GROVE

THE FINAL TWO

ON THE PITCH

There are just a few flaws in this.
9 from 3. Not a chance. When was the last time we won 3 on the trot?
Pack the Grove. Who in their right mind that doesn't already watch this dross is going to want to turn up now?
The final 2. We will be sunk without a trace by then. I've done plenty of fancy dress ups following the Town but never gone as a floundering fish.
On the pitch. We've done nothing up to yet, why do you think it will start now?
I don't think you've lost your mind, optimism is wonderful, but those happy pills really can become addictive you know.
10 games to go here are the last 10 results for each side

Halesowen. + 1 win + 3 draws + 6 detests = 6 pts + 25 = 31 pts
St Neots. + 4 wins. + 1 draws+ 5 defeats =13 pts +30 = 43 pts
Lowestoft. + 2 wins + 4 draws + 4 defeats = 10 pts +30 = 40 pts
Looks like snookers will be needed