BC Radio interview with our Keith Mc

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: BC Radio interview with our Keith Mc

Post by drummyb » 30 Jan 2019, 20:27

shedender wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 12:22
Thanks for a bit of support on this. I seem to be getting feedback that existing club reps see it as criticism but not intended that way. I know more people want to help this Club than pull it apart.
I dont think its criticism. I think people are very supportive of the club and people behind the scenes. However on the pitch we're failing badly.
Two questions. Financially, will it make a huge difference to the club if we are relegated and as others have asked, where do our owners want us to be in say 5 years?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 30 Jan 2019, 20:32

drummyb wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 20:27
shedender wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 12:22
Thanks for a bit of support on this. I seem to be getting feedback that existing club reps see it as criticism but not intended that way. I know more people want to help this Club than pull it apart.
I dont think its criticism. I think people are very supportive of the club and people behind the scenes. However on the pitch we're failing badly.
Two questions. Financially, will it make a huge difference to the club if we are relegated and as others have asked, where do our owners want us to be in say 9ish5 years?
I want to make it clear that, I for one, I'm grateful to those involved that we have a club that we can discuss where we want to be in five years time.

But we've moved on from previous ownership, and the fact is we're the healthiest we've been for some time off the field, but it's not showing on the pitch. That's what I find so frustrating.

It does feel like the club has been rudderless for a good while, we need direction in the form of something to aim for and an ultimate goal. I would want the club to set a goal of being consolidated in the National League South / North within 5 years combined with a FA cup run or two.

If it doesn't happen, fair enough, that's life. I just feel like the fans and club need some goal to aim for.

Or maybe I'm just being silly!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 30 Jan 2019, 21:57

Thanks for facilitating this, Shedender.

Like AwayDay, I would like to find out the views on creating a greater local awareness and some ideas at restoring a bigger fan base. I am not close enough to know the financial situation but maybe offer two matches for £15 or allow season ticket holders to bring a friend or family member for a fiver. Not every week but it could be a couple of times a season.

Regarding the playing side, I'm not expecting us to be like Forest Green , Salford or Fylde (all teams who were much smaller than us), but I do think we should be doing much better than floundering at the bottom again.
Just look at Solihull Moors, who have no history and no fan base to speak of, to see what can be achieved over a few years.

Are our aspirations to get to the National League or survive at this level or even be satisfied by existing in the league below? I don't think that is clear at all.

Also is there any plan to make the club more self sufficient by bringing on youth players? Few if any seem to find their way through to the first team. Also, as Andy says, the revolving door goes at such a speed that each year, the team bears little resemblance to the previous season, so inevitably the team itself lacks identity and that doesn't help to build a strong affiliation with fans.

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 30 Jan 2019, 23:40

Whether they are going to give full support to the management duo or realise it hasn’t worked out to how they would of liked? (No mistake to himself but unfortunately it hasn’t)

Thoughts on declining attendances? And what he has in plan to increase these?

Thoughts on the season so far? And the brand of football the club is trying to play?

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 31 Jan 2019, 08:34

Fix the lights in the gents' toilets.
My shoes are ruined!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 31 Jan 2019, 10:13

Remove the question!
I have been informed that the toilet block has had a new roof and the lights are fixed.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 31 Jan 2019, 12:48

lutleyyeltz wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 10:13
Remove the question!
I have been informed that the toilet block has had a new roof and the lights are fixed.
I think the light being out in the toilets is a blessing! If there were a ground grading that included the state of the toilets, we'd definitely be relegated

shedender
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by shedender » 31 Jan 2019, 15:08

I mixed date up re KM’s BCR interview so only fair I seek bit of KM’s (or a.n.other) time Sat to explain why 1or2 tweets & posts on Unofficial Forum (basically it was thought interview this Friday & some questions could be put via BCR). I suppose any of us could just do it over a pint on terraces now, as fair play to Keith he does tread the concrete.

BCRAdam
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BCRAdam » 31 Jan 2019, 16:45

Dear all

There are some excellent points on here which I was intending to bring up with Keith myself, and I hope you won't mind me using them, as obviously the programme goes out to all football fans in the Black Country irrespective of whether they are part of this forum or otherwise.

Can I reiterate that Keith has agreed to guest on our Friday Sportsview show, from Black Country Radio, on Friday 8th February between 7pm and 8pm.

If you have any further questions, I'll happily pick them up from here. Especially given that frost might put paid to any fixture taking place on Saturday afternoon.

Many Thanks
Adam (BCR)

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 31 Jan 2019, 21:07

BCRAdam wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 16:45
Dear all

There are some excellent points on here which I was intending to bring up with Keith myself, and I hope you won't mind me using them, as obviously the programme goes out to all football fans in the Black Country irrespective of whether they are part of this forum or otherwise.

Can I reiterate that Keith has agreed to guest on our Friday Sportsview show, from Black Country Radio, on Friday 8th February between 7pm and 8pm.

If you have any further questions, I'll happily pick them up from here. Especially given that frost might put paid to any fixture taking place on Saturday afternoon.

Many Thanks
Adam (BCR)
I'm looking forward to hearing this. Thanks for the time / effort.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz