BC Radio interview with our Keith Mc

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
shedender
Yeltz Forum Member

BC Radio interview with our Keith Mc

Post by shedender » 30 Jan 2019, 11:10

In relation to my post in Match Updates/Barwell and some tweets, Black Country Radio are to interview our Keith McKenna this Friday and raise the gist of my comments here and on Twitter. @adamace1010 Adam Parkes has asked that it be raised on Forum and he’d welcome any questions. You can contact Adam on Twitter direct or if no Twitter account you can put them on here and I’ll cut and paste and send them to him. Bit of an opportunity I’d say.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: BC Radio interview with our Keith Mc

Post by drummyb » 30 Jan 2019, 12:02

Well thats decent I must say.

shedender
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by shedender » 30 Jan 2019, 12:22

Thanks for a bit of support on this. I seem to be getting feedback that existing club reps see it as criticism but not intended that way. I know more people want to help this Club than pull it apart.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 30 Jan 2019, 12:29

Well done shedender.
As there is going to be an interview these are some questions that could be posed. I know that the owners (indeed everyone at the club) are always approachable and would answer any of these questions in person but this I guess will give everyone a chance to hear themselves.
I have no Twitter account so if you could be so kind.

I would like to know if the owners are prepared to get relegated and give the management duo a chance to rebuild or are they thinking of bringing someone else in to possibly save us. Or alternatively do they think we will turn it round anyway this season?

Why do they think with a revised budget it has not worked?

Would it be possible to be kept up to date in some way as to who we actually have on the books, who is on loan, who is ours, who has been released etc? I've never got a clue.

It's been a massive boost for supporters having Keith, Karen and Colin taking over, and the important thing was always going to be making the club stable again. We can all hope and dream of success in the long term but what would they see as being successful short term. My hopes were certainly to be a strong side at this level. Is that a step too far?

Cheers ;D
Last edited by andy on 30 Jan 2019, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

shedender
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by shedender » 30 Jan 2019, 12:33

Again, heartening to have some support. Collating such queries and will relay to BCR for Friday, thanks. Could give us a much needed boost for getting back on the terraces Saturday, at least.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 30 Jan 2019, 13:12

To be fair my question regarding who is or isn't with the club and who is on loan etc is probably a bit irrelevant. The official website does have current squad on it and I would imagine the comings and goings are on social media sites that I choose not to have. And that's my problem. I guess that's where it all happens these days. Maybe a suggestion could be that a thread is opened on the forum that is solely for the use of updating moves in and out. No comments from anybody else, just added to by a club official as and when necessary. If a supporter wants to comment on a signing or departure they can open their own thread on it. Maybe Poll could make it locked to the club representative only. Just an idea.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

shedender
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by shedender » 30 Jan 2019, 13:47

Essentially a Club Beainstorming session in Club bar would get us all a chance to pool skills and come up with things like this and other, I’m sure. A co-operative of collaborative skills. Not looking to pull down the Club or undermine those in place, merely to formally add to the Club resources. That’s pretty much what I want BCR to represent for me and other likeminded, just a formal outlet to be made available by the Club.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 30 Jan 2019, 14:32

I think this is a positive move. I'd like to hear Keith's / Karen's thoughts on the following; (I appreciate some points may be inappropriate for owners to answer or discuss, but if you don't ask, you don't get!).

- Like Andy said, what is their view on the management situation. Now, I don't expect a discussion from our owners on their plans with management or publicly share their opinions on their performance, that's disrespectful to Smith and Larry, but for me we are currently in a situation where the new duo have had little impact and we are going down without much fight. There's two options here; Option 1, we thank them for their services and admit it hasn't worked out, and try and save the season. Or option 2, we accept the pending relegation and give them the chance to rebuild and earn promotion back to this level. I do feel it has to be one or the other. I see little value in accepting relegation then parting companies in the Summer. You either part company now or accept relegation and begin the rebuild now.

- I would like to see the club do more within the local community to try and build a more positive reputation in the Town. What I mean by this is, I think it would be brilliant to see the club letting local school's and colleges get involved with the club. It's been mentioned that our website isn't maintained as well as it perhaps should be, why not contact a local college and ask if any IT students are interested in running it? Why not let art students paint art on the back of the Shed with various images of Halesowen / the Blackcountry or anything historic that relates to the club / town or local area. Maybe work with local businesses to promote their products. We have a cracking butchers outside the ground, could we not work with them to offer decent burgers hot dogs? (stolen idea from Barwell!). What about the cracking real ale pubs we have locally, could we not organise a beer festival? That's just a few random suggestions, but hopefully you'll understand the point!

- What are the plans to get supporters back at the Grove? We should be attracting far more fans than we currently are. I understand it's a catch 22 situation and that success on the pitch will in-turn grow support. But are there any ideas and thoughts from club representatives to try and attract more fans? The club seemingly accept the dwindling support for what it is and nothing seems to be acknowledged or done about it. I know that's probably not accurate, but I'd like to see an effort to try and drive attendances up.

- Are there any plans for a fans forum in the summer or even better, before the end of the season? I have a positive feeling about the club off the field, we now have owners who care about the club, who presumably put a decent amount of money in to give management a good playing staff budget, but unfortunately things aren't matching on the field. It'd be good to get fans together, to just throw ideas around, and try and get involved in off the field running of the club, we obviously currently have volunteers who work hard with running the club on match days and beyond but I'm guessing we could use more and need a variety of skills? I think it would be a good move to try and get the fans and club to move forward as one.

- What are the hopes and expectations, long term, of the club? I would have hoped a good cup run would be high, but what is the hope long term? Do Keith / Karen see us treading water at our current level, pushing for play offs, even promotion? What is a reasonable long term goal? I believe it's the latter.

- Are the owners as frustrated as I am at seeing players coming and going? Why do so many players leave? We need a stable squad to have any success, we've had 18 months plus of a constant revolving door at the club.

- Finally, the traditional Halesowen badge? Someone had to mention it!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

shedender
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by shedender » 30 Jan 2019, 14:53

In my present capacity as conduit to BCR for the purposes of an effective interview Friday, I shall forward these queries and others received by Friday lunchtime, to the BCR rep. Very heartening that SO many of us care.

shedender
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by shedender » 30 Jan 2019, 14:56

....of course, I mean that very many of us care as well as those already formally representing the Club.