Programme Cover

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
HasburyYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Programme Cover

Post by HasburyYeltz » 28 Jan 2019, 21:02

Just looking on ebay at some of the old programme covers and I can't help feeling that the 1988 cover was better than the ever changing player photo. It was classy. The badge was better too.

Having been a season ticket holder for a fair few years I struggle to name the team. Why should we give these players the privilege of being the cover, when in 4 games they've gone? It should be a right you need to earn.

I'd much rather see the pride of the town and a symbol of its great history, in all its glory (not the party hat image we currently possess).

It might just be me longing for the glory of years gone by?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Programme Cover

Post by andy » 29 Jan 2019, 13:43

I think in the current climate it's just good that we still produce a programme. Some clubs in our league are online only now. A real shame. It's great we still have folk prepared to put the time and effort in. I echo your sentiments about the cover in a way though, re the badge and the new party hat, but I guess new technology allows changing covers and action photos etc, whereas way back when that was not possible. Would love there to be a time though when the proper badge takes pride of place on the cover irrespective whether there is an action photo or not.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Programme Cover

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 30 Jan 2019, 07:20

andy wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 13:43
I think in the current climate it's just good that we still produce a programme. Some clubs in our league are online only now. A real shame. It's great we still have folk prepared to put the time and effort in. I echo your sentiments about the cover in a way though, re the badge and the new party hat, but I guess new technology allows changing covers and action photos etc, whereas way back when that was not possible. Would love there to be a time though when the proper badge takes pride of place on the cover irrespective whether there is an action photo or not.
Sadly programmes are becoming obsolete. From a personal point of view, I had hundreds of WBA ones, but they took up so much room, so I threw them away.

In todays world it's so easy to keep up with the goings on of non-league and Yeltz, simply through their social media pages. I seldom go on the website now!

Also, especially at this level, the programme is just full of adverts and it's no where near worth the value you pay.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz