Parting thoughts

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Parting thoughts

Post by wednesburystokie » 23 Nov 2018, 19:13

John Hill has asked that I post this:

To all.

Not too sure where to start to be honest and who to thank in what order as there have been so many influential people I have worked with in my 6 years at Halesowen,
We have all come through some turbulent times together but to have left Halesowen as an established step 3 club I can hold my head high in the knowledge that the next manager has got a solid foundation to work with both on and off the pitch.

I have gained so many fond memories in my time at Halesowen and it is so easy to fall in love with the club, the people who feel the same will understand that sentence I’m sure.

My fondest and proudest moment has to be the league winning season where we had absolutely no right to win the league given the budget, playing conditions and general stability of the club at that time, But win it we did and then to be able to give the fans the chance to play at the same level as our rivals Stourbr*dge was brilliant for the local areas and of course to beat them on several occasions was first class.. I never get bored of watching that Curtis Tilt screamer at amblecote.

It wouldn’t be right for me to leave without mentioning the legend and mentor that is Colin Brookes, a man who I am extremely grateful to have worked under and a person who I am extremely proud to call a close family friend.

The club is now in the safe hands of his Daughter Karen Brookes and Keith Mckenna who have backed me in everything I have wanted to do so I know everything will move in the right direction

Many thanks to all the staff, players and supporters who have supported me in my 6 years here, it’s definitely been a roller-coaster of emotions.

Up the yeltz

John Hill

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Parting thoughts

Post by piearce9 » 23 Nov 2018, 19:29

That’s a very heartfelt post and, I’m sure like many others on here, I wish John all the best. Six years is good going, and people will genuinely remember him for winning the league more than anything.

This change has been handled superbly by the club, in my opinion. It appears to have all been done on good terms, and it’s a nice thought to give them a final couple of games as a send-off. Much respect to all involved.

As fans, it’s time for us to come together and step things up. I think there should now be a blanket ban on moaning and complaining on here and on social for the rest of the season. Whoever comes in needs full support right from the start, and to see what an incredible club they have inherited. So let’s all make that happen- bringing on back the good times.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Nov 2018, 20:21

wednesburystokie wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 19:13
John Hill has asked that I post this:

To all.

Not too sure where to start to be honest and who to thank in what order as there have been so many influential people I have worked with in my 6 years at Halesowen,
We have all come through some turbulent times together but to have left Halesowen as an established step 3 club I can hold my head high in the knowledge that the next manager has got a solid foundation to work with both on and off the pitch.

I have gained so many fond memories in my time at Halesowen and it is so easy to fall in love with the club, the people who feel the same will understand that sentence I’m sure.

My fondest and proudest moment has to be the league winning season where we had absolutely no right to win the league given the budget, playing conditions and general stability of the club at that time, But win it we did and then to be able to give the fans the chance to play at the same level as our rivals Stourbr*dge was brilliant for the local areas and of course to beat them on several occasions was first class.. I never get bored of watching that Curtis Tilt screamer at amblecote.

It wouldn’t be right for me to leave without mentioning the legend and mentor that is Colin Brookes, a man who I am extremely grateful to have worked under and a person who I am extremely proud to call a close family friend.

The club is now in the safe hands of his Daughter Karen Brookes and Keith Mckenna who have backed me in everything I have wanted to do so I know everything will move in the right direction

Many thanks to all the staff, players and supporters who have supported me in my 6 years here, it’s definitely been a roller-coaster of emotions.

Up the yeltz

John Hill
Forget the ups and downs, there's one word for a post like that.
Class.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 23 Nov 2018, 21:48

I would agree with that Brother Avery but feel you could also add 'dignified'.

Good luck to you John whatever you choose to do next.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Nov 2018, 22:08

Westyeltz wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 21:48

Nope, you've got me there Bro W. Now if it was Oasis.... ;D

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 23 Nov 2018, 22:24

andy wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 22:08
Westyeltz wrote:

Nah. That one was a red herring.

I need to up my game but I'm not making any promises. It's quite late now so no reply needed tonight. Wait 'til the morning ;)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 24 Nov 2018, 11:26

Westyeltz wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 22:24
andy wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 22:08
Westyeltz wrote:

Nah. That one was a red herring.

I need to up my game but I'm not making any promises. It's quite late now so no reply needed tonight. Wait 'til the morning ;)
;D ;D ;D 3?
You missed the chance of 'morning after'

Sorry everybody else for my and Westys inane ramblings. Us people are strange machines I'm afraid.
Back to the footy. This could be just the spur today that the lads need. A near impossible game but everyone might just be that bit more fired up now to give JH and MC a response. Here's hoping.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 24 Nov 2018, 13:02

Bloody hope so. Ive gone through 3 seasons and god knows how many counties already!

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 24 Nov 2018, 15:37

piearce9 wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 19:29

As fans, it’s time for us to come together and step things up. I think there should now be a blanket ban on moaning and complaining on here and on social for the rest of the season. Whoever comes in needs full support right from the start, and to see what an incredible club they have inherited. So let’s all make that happen- bringing on back the good times.
I completely agree. I know we’re an impatient bunch us football fans but we need to give the new manager time, to rebuild his own team and put their own stance on things. We need to give them the rest of the season to settle in. Avoiding relegation is the first step then building from there.

Hope the people who boycotted previously come back and we can make some noise and get behind the team and make The Grove a difficult place for teams to come to like it used to be.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Nov 2018, 15:51

dalevillain wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 15:37
piearce9 wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 19:29

I completely agree. I know we’re an impatient bunch us football fans but we need to give the new manager time, to rebuild his own team and put their own stance on things. We need to give them the rest of the season to settle in. Avoiding relegation is the first step then building from there.

Hope the people who boycotted previously come back and we can make some noise and get behind the team and make The Grove a difficult place for teams to come to like it used to be.
Agreed. Whomever comes in will need time to sort the mess John has left unfortunately. I can certainly appreciate that, and will afford a lot of patience. We do have five home games in December, so if the new man is appointed by next Saturday, he'll have a nice run of games to start.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz