AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: So, who next?

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Nov 2018, 07:58

Yeltz27 wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 22:44
RobYeltz wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 20:49

Lee Hughes seems to be mentioned a lot and I feel with the impact and influence he had last season it would be a waste to not have any involvement
No, it wouldn’t be a waste at all. It’s very divisive and the club doesn’t need it

People say we need to give the new manager time, the rest of the season etc. That’s fine, but it depends who it is. Somebody like Brendan Kelly I imagine would unite the fans so would be a sensible choice. On the other hand, if you appoint Hughes knowing quite a lot of people won’t want him, don’t be surprised when people start complaining relatively quickly.
Whilst I can completely understand why Hughes would be a divisive appointment, and ultimately, I don't think he will get the manager role, I don't think it'd be a bad idea to include him as, at the very least, a first team coach. I believe his on field performance and impact over the past year or so (Has he been here a year yet?) warrants at least a chance. I'd like to think our fan base is more understanding than to write him off due to past events. It would be sad if that was the case.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Nov 2018, 08:00

Hughes only joined 6th March. It feels like it's longer than that! I guess that speaks volumes of the impact he had on helping us survive last season.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 28 Nov 2018, 09:48

Perhaps spin this question it's head.

We have two main objectives of this appointment: 1. Improve the football and start to build a squad that can challenge at this level. 2. Bring the fans back.

On the first one, you need a manager with the right connections and experience. You could really do with someone who's managed one league higher at least. They need to have a good reputation and know Midlands football inside out. Now, Paul Smith has done incredibly well at Redditch (better than I expected, to be honest) but in terms of recruitment he's just phoned up all his old chums from Bromsgrove and Highgate. If you appoint Kelly or Snapper then you'll get players from the MFL.

On the second one, a popular name would be nice but I'd rather take a solid old head that gradually improves the football and gains fans through that way instead.

I thought Peter Beadle was a good shout but we'd do incredibly well to get him.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Nov 2018, 10:35

piearce9 wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 09:48
Perhaps spin this question it's head.

We have two main objectives of this appointment: 1. Improve the football and start to build a squad that can challenge at this level. 2. Bring the fans back.

On the first one, you need a manager with the right connections and experience. You could really do with someone who's managed one league higher at least. They need to have a good reputation and know Midlands football inside out. Now, Paul Smith has done incredibly well at Redditch (better than I expected, to be honest) but in terms of recruitment he's just phoned up all his old chums from Bromsgrove and Highgate. If you appoint Kelly or Snapper then you'll get players from the MFL.

On the second one, a popular name would be nice but I'd rather take a solid old head that gradually improves the football and gains fans through that way instead.

I thought Peter Beadle was a good shout but we'd do incredibly well to get him.
Good post.

crezza94
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by crezza94 » 28 Nov 2018, 12:08

Rob Smith and Larry Chambers announced

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Nov 2018, 12:25

crezza94 wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 12:08
Look forward to hearing peoples opinions of that appointment. I don't know much about either pair. Will do some research on my lunch.

Well done to the club for acting swiftly and getting someone in so soon. They have a very favourably start with five home games in December.

I wish them both all the best! Up the Yeltz.

crezza94
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by crezza94 » 28 Nov 2018, 12:27

crezza94 wrote:
crezza94 wrote:
Have departed Keys Park having taken to the dugout over 350 times for the pit men overall. I remember the pair at Telford too.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 28 Nov 2018, 12:29

Ticks the boxes for me. Good luck to them, be great to get a big turnout on Saturday for a welcome.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 28 Nov 2018, 12:29

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2018/11 ... -keys-park

Two stints at both Telford and Hednesford I think, and with some promotion success and significant experience of managing at a higher level.

crezza94
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by crezza94 » 28 Nov 2018, 12:30

A friend of mine, a regular down the bucks head, was forever referring them to the ‘bully boys’. Constructive criticism and encouragement didn’t seem to be there strength.

We shall see. Well done to the club for acting swiftly and welcome to the Yetlz Rob and Larry #UptheYeltz.