So, who next?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: So, who next?

Post by piearce9 » 27 Nov 2018, 12:50

HH with the nail on the head post there.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Nov 2018, 12:55

HalesowenHarry wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 21:55
We need experience. End of.
Bit unfair on stop gap appts. You don't know our history if you think we've done that much if at all. (Though I'm selectively erasing Chambers and Moore ;D )

No to Hughes like others have mentioned on here.
Snape heart says yes, head says hmmmm.......
Kitching possibly. Left Stafford cos of budget issues season before last. He's been no higher than this level though.
Eaden doesn't have a lot of experience from Nuneaton and has mainly been a number 2 elsewhere.
There'll be others I'm sure.
Yep, can't really argue with that. I do think the appointment will say a lot about how ambitious we want to be as a club. For example if we manage to attract a name who is managing a current club at a higher level that will send a massive message to fans (I'm not suggesting we should or could do that, just making a point).

Whilst I agree experience will be huge, it's not always a guarantee for success.

I wouldn't be too apposed to having a young and relatively inexperienced manager coming in. Sometimes that can have a positive impact.

All I know is that this is a very interesting time, and there will be no doubt a lot of candidates with varying qualities and experience. It's probably not going to be an easy decision.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 27 Nov 2018, 13:16

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Peter Beadle. Ex Hereford, without a club I believe.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Nov 2018, 13:46

Yeltz64 wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 13:16
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Peter Beadle. Ex Hereford, without a club I believe.
I wonder what fellow Yeltz fans would make of the suggestion, Brendon Kelly? I doubt very highly it'd happen, but I would be interested to gauge opinions. You've also got outside shouts of Sneekes and Hyde, too! Irrelevant candidates, most likely, but it's a very slow day at work (systems are down at work!), so I'm trying to get peoples opinions! Merely listed due to recent connections with the club! I may as well throw in Tricky Trev while I'm pulling names out of a hat!

For me, out of all the permutations, a Snape appointment with Hughes as assistant seems the most likely and sensible appointment at this stage. Hughes knows this squad already and Snape has experience. I do understand that Hughes may be controversial for obvious reasons, but I'd like to think he's done enough in his time here to 'win' over fans with his hard working and quality displays.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 27 Nov 2018, 13:49

Yeltz64 wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 13:16
You'd better watch out

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 27 Nov 2018, 14:38

Well as long as he isnt a back up keeper >:D

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 27 Nov 2018, 20:49

It's interesting reading people's opinions on who they want next, I can't imagine the club are short of applicants, and Keith has commented there is a wide range of applicants.
Lee Hughes seems to be mentioned a lot and I feel with the impact and influence he had last season it would be a waste to not have any involvement, I guess that depends on what Lee wants also I suppose. He was happy to come here as 'just' a player has his opinion changed now?
I can see the argument for an experienced head in charge, there will no doubt be a lot of changes and perhaps that needs to be overseen by someone who knows what they're doing at this level. That said, a young fresh faced 'new' manager may bring in a whole new idea way of working.
Should the club go for someone known to the club who understands what Yeltz folk want or should a fresh pair of eyes be the option? I'm sure the decision won't be taken lightly, whoever comes in though lets just get behind them, be patient with them and trust Keith, Karen and Colin's judgement in why they have chosen them and why they feel they are right for the club.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Nov 2018, 20:57

All I would like is someone with a track record of having teams that play enjoyable football.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 27 Nov 2018, 21:06

andy wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 20:57
All I would like is someone with a track record of having teams that play enjoyable football.
In that case, all out to try and prise Paul Smith from ditches of the red.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Nov 2018, 21:39

Yeltz64 wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 21:06
andy wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 20:57
In that case, all out to try and prise Paul Smith from ditches of the red.
This.